Ayurveda health forum

Ayurveda help through ayurveda consultations and ayurveda remedies
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: When Life Gives You Lemons
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 am 
Site Admin

I’ve keep noticing that my posts follow a certain trend of recommending my favorite beauty treatments which are all extremely economical. I just love that there are so many ways we can treat our bodies well, get beauty as a side effect and save money at the same time. It just doesn’t get much better than that!

So today I write to you about lemons, friends. They have been a staple food since early times and have a wide variety of uses from lemonade and other drinks, cleaning products, and cooking, to air fresheners and cleaning out our bodies. Yes, lemons can stimulate and aid elimination of the digestive system and help us to purify the liver by eliminating toxins. Drink a big glass of lemon water every morning to flush toxins out of your body and the result is absolutely glowing skin. It will help clear acne, get rid of fat accumulations, and even can help to relieve digestive problems when mixed with hot water, such as nausea, heartburn, constipation and all kinds of parasites.

It's been said that lemon can help relieve hiccups when taken as a juice, I don’t know because I have never tried (let me know if you do, I’d love to hear). Lemon juice also helps us digest our food by helping your liver produce more bile and helps cut down on the phlegm produced by your body. Try loading up on lemons next time you head to the grocery store—keep a big bowl of them handy and start drinking. You’ll be amazed at the way you feel and perhaps you’ll start getting compliments on your new glow like I did…

By the way, if you don’t like to drink them you can still enjoy the great effects of lemon by giving yourself a lemon facial. Just slice up some lemons and drop them in steaming water, Throw a towel over your head and voila! You’ve got yourself a fresh lemon steam with the benefits of lemon essential oils for your skin.

Bio:
A lover of all natural health, beauty and skin. http://www.pro-medics.com/skin-care/ Go to Free Ayurveda Consultations