natural ayurvedic lip care tips in winter
- Skin Care in winter
- Skin care in Winter - through ayurveda
- Heel Care Cracked Feet
- Causes for cracked heels and feet
- Lip care in winter
- Hair care in Winter
Natural ayurvedic Lip Care tips in winter
Soft and smooth lips figure among the foremost indicators of
physical beauty. The
skin on lips lack
oil glands; hence they tend
to get dry and cracked easily. You have to take special care of your
lips to maintain its requisite moisture level. Your lips need
special attention during winter.
What ayurveda says about cracked and chapped lips ?
Oshta kopetu pavanaath stabhdha oshtau maharujau |
Daalyete paripaatyete parushasitakarkashau ||
According to ayurveda the lips crack, become painful and dark
when vata dosha increases. The increase is attributed to the cold
and dry climate of winter. The vitiated vata can be normalized by
ghee infused with vata balancing herbs.
The tips listed below are to aid you in keeping your lips soft and smooth. Following these tips would also help prevent cracking and chapping of lips.
- Always apply a natural lip balm to protect your lips.
- Massaging lips with ghee (clarified butter) and leaving a thin layer of it on lips overnight acts as a natural protection for lips.
- Repeatedly apply herbal moisturizing lotion on lips.
- Apply a thin coat of natural balm on your lips before applying lipsticks.
- Dip a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This increases moisture level on skin of lips.
- Do not lick lips repeatedly.
- Dip small cotton gauze in warm clarified butter (ghee) and place it on lips for 20 minutes.
- Remove your lipstick before going to bed using a herbal cleanser and apply a thin layer of ghee on lips.
This article is copy righted. The author Dr.Savitha Suri
is an Ayurvedic Physician and web master of
New Herbal winter care products/strong>
Subscribe to our free health news letter