It’s summer and the heat is on. The rising mercury levels indicate arrival of summer. The seasonal fruit of summer is watermelon. Juicy pulp of this fruit cools body, quenches thirst and satiates taste buds. The main constituent (92%) of this fruit is water. But the remaining small portion of nutrients plays a big role in nourishing our body. Here are few health benefits of watermelon.
Category Archives: Weight-reduction
Obesity has become a major health problem. This problem has to be addressed with a priority. Even though a help from health professional is needed to fight this condition, it is the efforts of an individual which counts in large. Major ailments like heart diseases, joint pain, elevated blood pressure, polycystic ovarian diseases, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction, diabetes etc surface when a person develops obesity. Health professionals advice to exercise regularly (to burn already accumulated fat) and to reduce calorie intake through diet. Here are few tips for healthy cooking which help to reduce adding extra calories to your recipe.
• Steam vegetables instead of frying in oil. Let them be parboiled to keep the nutrients locked.
• Use olive oil or rice bran oil to season the recipe.
• Do not add oil to a salad.
• Shallow fry food items than deep frying.
• Always use nonstick cooking vessel which needs very less oil to cook.
• Use jaggery (gur) or honey instead of refined sugar.
• Use steamed sprouts, green salads for filling.
• Prepare your own sauces at home without using preservatives.
• Use whole cereals and grains to prepare breads, rotis and naans.
• Use vegetable juices with mint and spices as appetizers instead of creamy soups.
• Fruit salad with honey can be a best choice for desert.
• Roast papads instead of deep frying them in oil.
Many women struggle hard to lose weight after pregnancy. Here are few useful tips to lose weight after pregnancy.
1. Avoid crash diet. This may cause reduction in breast milk and also quality of breast milk.
2. Incorporate healthy diet rich in nutrients into your daily routine. Consult your family physician or dietician before starting this.
3. Include exercises like yoga and pranayama in your daily routine. Take opinion of your gynecologist before starting any exercise. Women who have undergone caesarian section should start exercises after 6 months.
4. Breast feed baby. This helps to reduce the post pregnancy fat and tone up the muscles which are strained during pregnancy and delivery.
5. Do not start any diet or exercise till the baby completes 12 weeks. You need at least 12 weeks of rest after delivery. Body needs this 12 weeks time to recuperate from pregnancy and delivery.
6. Any strenuous work before this period may lead to muscle cramps, passing of blood clots and other complications.
7. Don’t be in a hurry to lose weight. Slow weight reduction is always advisable. Losing one or two pounds per week is always ideal.
8. Avoid sweets, fast foods, soft drinks, processed and deep fried food.
9. Keep full stock of fresh fruits and vegetable at home.
10. Snack on vegetable salads, fresh fruits and dry fruits.
11. Add sprouts to salads and other recipes. This increases nutritional value of the recipe. Your diet should be high in nutrients and low in calories.
12. According to principles of ayurveda vata dosha gets vitiated during delivery. Hence both mother and child should be massaged with herbal oil (usually ksheerabala oil is recommended for massaging mother). Massage and warm water bath helps to balance vata and strengthen the muscles.
13. Spices like turmeric, pepper, long pepper, ginger are added to mother’s diet. This helps to normalize digestion and prevents accumulation of fat.
14. Milk has to be consumed twice daily to fulfill the needs of nutrients. Consumption of skimmed milk is a good choice.
15. Mother should get sufficient sleep. Avoid stressful conditions. Stress causes secretion of stress hormones which may lead to binge eating.
Before starting any weight loss program consult your doctor.
Back in 2010, the happy go lucky actress, Sandra Bullock, announced that she was planning to get liposuction before the Oscars that year. While she seemed as if she was only joking with journalist and television personality, Matt Lauer, it is still unknown if Bullock actually received a liposuction procedure. Since then, Bullock has joked about her going under the knife and receiving various cosmetic enhancements, but the lighthearted star is apt to note that balancing a healthy lifestyle with such surgeries is vital.
Despite this, it was reported that in 2009 that the actress sited liposuction as a necessity to keep her body image tight and youthful. This is common for many mega stars, but Bullock has noted that while liposuction procedure may be fine in moderation, it must be coupled with routine exercise and a healthy diet. While Bullock joked that she needed “tons” of procedures, she is one star among many that maintains a rational approach to cosmetic enhancement. Many experts and professionals in the industry note that these procedures are relatively safe with an experienced and licensed professional, but those who receive the regimen must keep a healthy diet and exercise constantly.
While she has never explicitly stated which procedures she has had beyond liposuction, numerous website contain before and after photos of the star throughout the years that reveal significant differences. Unlike other stars with maltreatment or even botched procedures, Sandra Bullock continues to look stunning as the years go by. Despite the rumors of her facial enhancements, Bullock’s fatty tissue removal, like so many others, must follow intensive recovery periods. These periods must involve complete relaxation, rehydration, and continuous nursing care and support until recovery is fully met. Following the directions from your health professional after receiving these types of procedures should be followed closely so that recovery occurs to the fullest benefit of the patient.
Understanding the risks of this procedure is something everyone should seek. With ample Internet and literary research coupled with medical and professional consultation, anyone seeking this procedure should gain as much knowledge about its risks and benefits before visiting a practitioner. As with all cosmetic practices, those contemplating fatty tissue removals should do their research and find out as much information about the process as possible.
While Sandra Bullock may have incurred some cosmetic enhancement procedures, it is clear she has an interest in maintaining her beauty and fitness as a mega star. As a result, Bullock’s career was at an all-time high between 2009 and 2010 as she won several awards for films she starred in such as The Proposal and The Blind Side. While a few of her films during this time did not do as well, she continues to bring her beauty and fun-loving attitude to the big screen for many of her fans to enjoy.
Few years in the college could result in putting on weight. Fried foods in the cafeteria, skip meals, irregular meals, no time for exercise, all these excuses can be avoided. Most important is to convince yourself you have to maintain your immune system at peak so that you can stay healthy and fit for your studies. With that in mind, you can’t forget about learning how to eat healthy foods while at college.
Settling into an eating routine is very important as this will keep the body metabolism high, which means burning more calories.
Take breakfast before class. Make sure you wake up early to take breakfast before attending lesson. Never skip breakfast. You can prepare instant oatmeal for the start of the day. Oat takes longer time to digest and helps to keep the metabolism going.
Snack between classes. Make sure you consume smaller meals between classes. Take with you wheat bread instead of white bread. Break into 5 to 6 smaller meals instead of 3. Remember to drink more water. Water hydrates your body and helps to keep body cells function well.
Avoid fried foods in cafeteria. Give no chance to pizza and greasy foods. It is important to make healthy decisions. Chose more fish, lean meat, vegetables, fruits, or soybean. Take higher protein and less carbohydrate in order to lose weight. Also, remember to consume less sugar. Fruit sugar such as fructose is the best replacement for white sugar. If you want to drink coffee, you might consider taking fruits or fruit juices.
Avoid alcohol. Celebrating at party can be difficult without alcohol. Replace alcohol with cocktail or fruit juices. Alcohol has more empty calories than most of the foods you can eat at the cafeteria combined.
Add an exercise routine at a local gym. There are times after school when everyone goes for other activities, that is the time for your workouts. You will not become a bodybuilder or power lifter but it will keep your metabolism high enough to stay slim and fit.
The above guides could be difficult to implement at first but with careful planning it can be done easily. College is one of the best times of your life. Don’t let poor eating choices ruin your health. Swear that you will want to graduate from college healthier than before.
There are many people who are used to banana diet every morning. This is one of the best ways to lose weight. This kind of diet started in Japan. Historically, it was reported that when a Japanese model starts on banana diet, she lose 15 pounds. And that time the huge supply of banana has been vanished for many markets. In America, banana diet has also become popular. But there are certain issues that disagree with this diet plan.
The morning banana diet is actually good as being suggested by medical sciences. The diet plan includes eating two to three pieces of banana for breakfast. After that, instead of old drink, you may want to have a warm drink. When you go for lunch, you can eat anything. You can eat dinner before 8pm. It is a big no-no when you eat banana from breakfast to dinner. Too much intake of banana can be dangerous to your body.
A banana has different organic vitamins and minerals. It is abundant in Vitamin C and B. These vitamins are considered to be the fat fighters and fat burners. So, if you eat 2 to 3 serves of banana a day, you can burn at least 30% to 40% of calories. Include with a proper exercise everyday for a good result.
You can also find a lot of fibers in a yellow banana. Knowing all the works of fibers that includes, losing weight can hastens the metabolism. By making the stomach to feel full adds to the losing weight action of a banana.
Banana contains a certain enzymes that bring weight reduction in progressive phase. This is one of the most interesting facts about a banana. One of theory suggested that it actually hastens the digestion and the elimination pattern causing the drop of weight reduction.
There is also a theory that introduces a resistant starch. Resistant starch is a type of fiber that promotes the fullness of a stomach. This can lead to increase fat burning. Resistant starch can be found in carbohydrate group foods. Carbohydrate foods include potatoes, green and yellow bananas, whole grains, and beans. It also been said that these food must be eaten only when they are cold, fresh from the chiller or a refrigerator. It somehow opposes digestion.
When you tend to try this kind of diet, make sure that you are able to. Too much diet can be dangerous to your health. Remember that when you take banana diet, incorporate discipline and patience.
Banana is just one among many fruit that know to help people lose weight and maintain health.
One of the recent breakthrough in weight loss community is African Mango which is known to have greater impact on reducing fat and losing weight.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Banana-Diet-on-Losing-Weight&id=5931836] Banana Diet on Losing Weight