Fruits are the easiest source for improving our body from inside and outside.
Well, everybody talks very high of eating fruits. Let us talk a little about unique qualities of fruits as Face-packs.
Apples: The Doctors can be kept at a distance if you consume ‘Apple a day’. You know why? Well it has minerals, vitamins, pectin and tannin. It all helps in improving blood circulation. It is equally effective in toning and tightening the skin.
Put apple in mixie and add a teaspoon of glycerin. Apply the mix as face pack on your face for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water and gain relief from sun burnt skin.
Add two teaspoons of grated apple with two pieces of mashed papaya, one teaspoon of fresh cream and a spoon of china clay. Mix it properly and apply this face pack on the face. Wash it off after 15 minutes and relish healthy looking skin.
Bananas: Revitalize dry skin, tighten and clean the pores of your face by adding a teaspoon of honey into two ripe mashed bananas. Apply the mix on your face. Wash it with clean water after 15 minutes. It will reveal soft, supple and hydrated skin.
Oranges: Indian Beauty expert Shahnaz Husain recommends rubbing fresh orange peels on the skin to tighten it. It will also lighten the color of the skin. The citrus family is best known for its astringent properties.
Papayas: Papaya is an excellent cleanser. It has enzyme papain. It revives blemished and undernourished and oily skin. Mix papaya pulp with oatmeal and honey/curd and apply on face. Wash it after 15 minutes. Papaya pulp mixed with cucumber pulp and applied below eyes will help in minimizing the dark circles.
Pomegranates: Face scrubs of pomegranates remove excess oil from your face and make the skin look fresh. Pomegranates juice acts as an astringent and it is a natural toner.
Massage your face with pomegranate juice with a cotton wool. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it for an instant glow.
Dry skin leads to wrinkles and makes a person look aged. Dry skin can be kept soft and smooth by increasing moisture level of skin. Air conditioned rooms, sun, harsh soaps worsen the condition.
Face packs for dry skin
1. Take ripe papaya and scoop its pulp. Mash it well and mix with honey, milk and rose water. Apply this mask and wash it off after an hour.
2. Mash a ripe banana and mix it with rose water. Apply this pack and wash it off with water after 1 hour.
3. Take few almonds and soak it over night. Mix it well with little milk and apply this pack. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Few dos and donts for dry skin
1. Take steam to face before applying face pack.
2. Always wash off face packs with warm water.
3. Avoid air conditioned rooms and refrigerated foods and drinks.
4. Drink plenty of water, fresh fruit juice and vegetables.
5. Do not take long showers
1. 2 teaspoons of honey mixed well in one egg white makes a very good face pack for oily skin. Apply this on face and wash it off with plain water after 10 minutes
2. Place thin slices of apple on face for 15 minutes.This removes excess oil from face.
3. mix neem leaves juice with corn flour in equal proportion. Add little water to make it thin. Apply this pack on oily skin and wash it off with cold water when it dries.
4. Prepare a scrub with green gram flour and dilute buttermilk. Scrub the face gently and wash it off with cold water. This removes dirt, dead skin and excess oil from oily skin
5.A mixture of fresh mint leaves’ juice, gram flour, lime juice and papaya pulp is a healthy face pack for oily skin.
6.Before applying a make up for oily skin dab your face with lime juice and wash it off after 5-6 minutes.
Ayurvedic texts describe medicinal properties of honey as follows .
“Vaatalam guru sheetam cha raktapittakaphapaham |
Sandhatru cchedanam ruksham kashayam madhuram madhu ||”
Honey aggravates vata. But alleviates pitta, rakta and kapha. According to ayurveda principles acne and pimples are caused by vitiation of rakta, pitta and kapha. As honey balances vitiated rakta, pitta and kapha, its external application helps to reduce acne and pimples. In the above verse it has been said that honey is an excellent promoter of healing process (sandhatru).Inflamed acne and pimples get healed very quickly when honey is applied externally. Its antimicrobial properties help to accelerate healing process.
As honey exhibits astringent (kashayam) properties its external application helps to tighten the pores created by acne and pimple. Its heaviness (guru) and cold (sheeta) properties help to increase the moisture level of skin. This helps to prevent wrinkles. Honey helps to increase moistness of dry skin.
Honey has another excellent property of drying extra oil secretion. It scrapes the excess oil secretion without stripping the natural oil of skin. Persons with Oily skin can take advantage of this quality of honey.
Honey face pack: Apply two tea spoons of honey all over face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash this off with cold water. This increases glow and fairness of skin.