According to ayurveda daytime sleep is not recommended to every one. A good sleep in night always keeps body healthy. But in few unavoidable health conditions and in condition where doshas are imbalanced daytime sleep is advised by ayurveda vaidyas. Here is a list of health conditions in which the daytime sleep is advised according to principles of ayurveda.
- A person who exercises well and exerts physically can sleep in daytime. He needs this rest to balance his energy level and allow his strained tissues to recover.
- People who indulge in increased sexual activities can sleep in daytime. Lot of energy is spent in sexual activities. This leads to loss of shukra dhatu or shukra kshaya. During daytime sleep the lost energy and shukra dhatu get replenished. Or else he or she may land into conditions like low libido and fatigue. If men who indulge in increased sexual activities do not take a nap in daytime, they may land into conditions like erectile dysfunction, decreased semen volume, low sperm count and low sperm motility.
- Persons who walk for a very long distances have to sleep in daytime. This allows them to recover lost energy and also rejuvenate injured tissues.
- Individuals who have been afflicted by diseases like diarrhea, indigestion, stomach pain, wheezing and diseases of vata can take a daytime nap.
- Children, elderly, night shift workers and people who fast, have to sleep in day time
© This article is Copyrighted. Author Dr.Savitha Suri GoogleGo to free consultations