1. Eat a healthy Balanced diet. Include plenty of green vegetables, fresh fruits, minor millets, milk and milk products. Vegetables and fruits provide antioxidants and minerals which are necessary to keep the body healthy. Amla (amalaki or Indian gooseberry or emblica officinalis), is considered as a fruit which help in hair growth. Include banana in your diet as banana contains plenty of calcium which is a vital nutrient required for hair growth. Healthy diet prevents hair loss and improves quality and quantity of hair.
2. Drink plenty of water (2 liters or 12 glasses per day). Water flushes out toxins and increases moistness of skin and hair. This prevents splitting of hair.
3. Our body produces natural oil which is secreted through oil glands of skin and scalp. This oil keeps our hair strands conditioned. Hence do not use harsh shampoos or soaps which strip off natural oil of scalp. Always use mild shampoo to wash hair.
4. Wash your hair once in three days. Repeated hair wash leads to dry hair and split ends.
5. Exercise regularly. This helps to increase blood circulation and keep our whole body healthy and rejuvenated. A brisk walk for 30 minutes is advisable for all ages.
6. Massage your scalp with good hair oil. Hair oil which is processed with hair friendly herbs help to condition the hair and prevent drying of hair. A good head massage help to increase blood circulation to scalp skin and aid hair growth. Head massage also reduces stress, tension headaches and induces good sleep.
7. Take measures to prevent formation of dandruff. Dandruff leads to hair loss and stunts hair growth.
8. Brush your hair from root to tips before taking head bath.
9. Wear a swimming cap to prevent hair damage due to chlorine.
10. Avoid tying hair tightly with hair bands. This leads to baldness.
This article is copy righted. The author Dr.SavithaSuri is an Ayurvedic Physician and web master of Ayurveda help through ayurveda consultations
Go to free consultations
Amla juice mixed with water help to lower the body temperature during summers. It also helps to reduce body temperature during fever.
Amla helps to expel body toxins. Regular use of amla in the form of powder, juice or raw fruit helps to detoxify body, retard aging process and boosts body immunity.
Wash face thoroughly and apply juice of amla or amla water (3 tea spoons of concentrated amla water). Its astringent properties help to reduce wrinkles and close pores. Amla keeps the skin healthy and increases its fairness and glow.
The berries of amla help to normalize metabolism thus prevents accumulation of fat and reduce obesity.
Regular consumption of amla helps to rejuvenate liver, reduce acidity and problems arising due to pitta . Researches have shown that amla can reduce blood sugar level and helpful in diabetes. For this add 3 tea spoons of amla water to a glass of regular water and consume regularly 4-5 times a day.
Amla is known to improve health of hair. Use pure coconut oil boiled with amla fruits for regular application on hair. Apply this oil at night and massage scalp. Wash it off next day morning.
Persons with oily hair can use amla water (mix 3 tea spoons of amal water + 3 tea spoon of lemon juice + water – quantity required) as hair wash.
Amla is known as “vrishya “ in Ayurveda. Vrishya means aphrodisiac. It helps to rejuvenate male reproductive system and to increase the fertility of women.
Preparation of Amla water: Amla water can be used when fresh amla fruit juice is not available. Follow these steps to make amla water. Take 3 tea spoons of dry amla fruits. Thoroughly wash them and soak over night in clean water. Mash and Squeeze the soaked amla fruits next day morning and filter the juice. Store this juice in a small jar and refrigerate it. Mix this concentrated juice to clean water according to use.
Amla powder: Powder dry fruits of amla. Add hing, rock salt according to taste. Consume this mixture with hot cooked rice and a tea spoon of ghee. This helps to reduce indigestion and acidity.
Go to free consultations
• Avoid over massaging of scalp and hair. This may increase production of sebum which leads to clogging of hair follicles and hair loss
Go to free consultations
• It is advisable to massage scalp and hair at night and wash it off in morning. Or else excess oil may attract dust and dirt paving way for dandruff.
• Wash your hair at least twice a week.
• Eat well balanced food which is rich in minerals, vitamins and nutrients. Nutritious food leads to healthy hair growth.
• Take utmost care of your diet during pregnancy, nursing, menopause and while using oral contraceptives.
• Massage hair regularly with suitable hair oil.
• Dry hair naturally. Avoid blow driers.
• Do not brush excessively. It may lead to hair loss and splitting of hair.
• Cover your hair with cotton scarves to protect from hot sun or cold drying air.
• Avoid tight caps and hats. This may disturb blood circulation to hair follicles.