Ayurveda explains psoriasis natural ayurvedic treatment, diet and home remedy. These remedies for psoriasis not only help to bring the psoriasis under control but also soothe the skin
Table of content
Psoriasis affects both genders. This condition is not infectious. It is a prolonged inflammation of skin. The causes of psoriasis are still unclear. Psoriasis may start at any age. There are various Psoriasis ayurvedic treatments. Here are few psoriasis home remedies practised in India which are based on principles of ayurveda. These self care tips are very effective.
How to Keep Skin Moisturised in Psoriasis ?
Apply plenty of moisturizer on the skin. Smear coconut oil or sesame oil on the body before taking bath. Gently remove dried skin flakes without hurting the underlying skin. Use moisturizing agents which are thick and greasy. Avoid drying of skin. Dry skin leads to cracks which may bleed leading to infections. While describing Psoriasis Ayurvedic Treatment in texts of ayurveda , acharyas explain the dry skin condition as “rooksha twacha“. This skin condition has to be treated by applying oils. Oils prevent the evaporation of moisture from skin and thus the moistness retains in skin.
Do not forget to use humidifier if you are using room heater. Humidifiers increase moisture level of surrounding air and prevent drying of skin.
Avoid Air Conditioned surroundings
How to Prevent Infections when you have psoriasis ?
Maintain skin hygiene by keeping the body skin clean. Take care to keep the affected area clean. Infections may exaggerate psoriasis.
For a topical application to resist infections you can use essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender, myrrh, thyme, helichrysum, patchouli, chamomile and lemon. Some people might respond better to a particular blend of oils rather than a different one, so it is important to try different combinations until you find the one that works better for you.
Avoid harsh body soaps
Harsh soaps or body wash strip the natural oils from skin. This makes skin dry and susceptible to infections. The psoriasis natural treatment in India includes use of a natural body scrub. This is the first step in psoriasis ayurvedic treatment . Mix flours of orange lentil (masoor), fenugreek ( methi ) seeds and green gram (whole moong) in equal proportion. Sieve the mixture of flours and store it in an airtight container. Soak three tea spoons of this mixture in water for five minutes and then use as body scrub instead of soap or body wash.The herbs neem and tulsi also helps psoriasis. Tulsi and neem can be used in psoriasis in two ways. One is to apply these herbs externally and other way is to consume neem and tulsi internally. ( View Moolika Skinglow capsules which contain neem and tulsi for psoriasis ) Fine powder of these herbs can be added to the above body scrup recipe. This Leaves skin clean and glowing without stripping natural oils. After bath or wash pat dry the skin. Do not rub the towel vigorously on skin. These ayurvedic home remedies for psoriasis are very effective in soothing the inflammed and irritated skin.
Avoid skin injuries
Skin injuries like scratches, sun burn, or irritation can flare up psoriasis. Avoid over exposure to sun, skin irritants like hair dye, skin bleach etc. Even chopping few vegetables like onion, radish, garlic etc can harm skin. Cover your body with cotton clothes and wear a cap which has sun shade. Use latex kitchen gloves while chopping vegetables. Avoid harsh skin and hair products.
How to Avoid Flaring of Psoriasis ?
Use medications carefully
: Few medications can exaggerate the psoriasis. Discuss with your family physician before starting any medications.
Reduce body weight
It is difficult to control psoriasis in obese persons. Hence reduce body weight.
Reduce stress levels
Stress worsens psoriasis. Practice YOGA and Meditation to reduce stress (Read Relationship between stress and psoriasis) . Exercise regularly. The psoriasis natural treatment in ayurveda includes treatment of both mind and body.
Ayurvedic Remedy and Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowel emptying etc.
- Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy work out, traveling, a long walk etc.
- Psoriasis ayurvedic treatment is mainly in diet.Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion. Avoid opposite foods. (Curd , salt, mushrooms , bamboo shoots , sour fruits , meat , prawn , pork, should not be consumed with milk . The above mentioned foods should not be consumed by mixing one item with another. Sprouts, honey and milk should not be consumed with meat and fish. Fish & milk ; fish & sugarcane juice; jaggery & pork ; honey & pork; milk & mango; banana & milk ; are opposite foods.)
- Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
- Say no to radish, urad dal (Black gram), sesame, jaggery (gur), curd, fish and other sour foods.
- Always wear cotton clothes. Synthetic clothes these sometimes irritate the skin.
- You should moderately expose your skin to the mild and natural sunlight in order to allow your skin to produce Vitamin D in order to improve the skin condition and reduce the excessive accumulation of skin cell that form psoriasis.
- Utilize the nature power of Aloe Vera which is very useful in curing the external physical irritation and discomfort.
- Vitamin E is another effective psoriasis home remedies that can greatly reduce the discomfort of psoriasis especially scalp psoriasis. You should apply around 200-800 IU of vitamin E on the scalp affected are daily in order to experience the best effect.
- Apple cider vinegar is a good component in soothing the inflammation and swollen infection caused by psoriasis. You can simply mix the vinegar with water and apply them on the affected area along with gentle massage.
- Mixture of olive oil (1 cup), oregano oil (1 drop) and calendula oil (2 drops) is able to improve the condition of psoriasis skin disease especially scalp psoriasis. Apply the mixture to your scalp and do not rinse it for 10-15 minutes.
- Buttermilk can be used to improve the psoriasis condition internally and externally. Apply the buttermilk directly on scalp or other psoriasis affected area or consume this substances as part of your diet will help to ease the disturbing skin condition.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/