Psoriasis affects both genders. This condition is not infectious. It is a prolonged inflammation of skin. The causes of psoriasis are still unclear. Psoriasis may start at any age. There are various Psoriasis ayurvedic treatments. Here are few psoriasis home remedies practised in India which are based on principles of ayurveda. These self care tips are very effective.
Keep skin moist: Apply plenty of moisturizer on the skin. Smear coconut oil or sesame oil on the body before taking bath. Gently remove dried skin flakes without hurting the underlying skin. Use moisturizing agents which are thick and greasy. Avoid drying of skin. Dry skin leads to cracks which may bleed leading to infections. While describing Psoriasis Ayurvedic Treatment in texts of ayurveda , acharyas explain the dry skin condition as "rooksha twacha". This skin condition has to be treated by applying oils. Oils prevent the evaporation of moisture from skin and thus the moistness retains in skin.
Texts of ayurveda recommend the following ayurvedic remedy and home remedies for psoriasis
10. Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowel emptying etc.
11. Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy work out, traveling, a long walk etc
12. Psoriasis ayurvedic treatment is mainly in diet.Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion. Avoid opposite foods. (Curd , salt, mushrooms , bamboo shoots , sour fruits , meat , prawn , pork, should not be consumed with milk . The above mentioned foods should not be consumed by mixing one item with another. Sprouts, honey and milk should not be consumed with meat and fish. Fish & milk ; fish & sugarcane juice; jaggery & pork ; honey & pork; milk & mango; banana & milk ; are opposite foods.)
13. Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
14. Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
15. Say no to radish, urad dal (Black gram), sesame, jaggery (gur), curd, fish and other sour foods.
16. Always wear cotton clothes. Synthetic clothes these sometimes irritate the skin.
READ HINDI ARTICLES ON PSORIASIS
Best Ayurvedic Cream For Psoriasis
Dr.Savitha Suri is an ayurvedic Consultant Physician. She has an experience of 26 years in the field of ayurveda. The content is copyrighted to Dr.Savitha Suri and may not be reproduced on other websites. You can contact her for free online ayurvedic consultations at email@example.com .
WhatsApp@ : +91-6360108663
Follow Dr. Savitha Suri on Google Plus