Ashwagandha is a highly recommended herb in Ayurveda for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sperm count, motility, stamina and strength. Use this wisely
Table of content
Ashwagandha also known as winter cherry and Indian ginseng is considered as best vajikarana herb (aphrodisiac herb) in ayurveda. Roots of this herb are used in preparation of ayurvedic medicines. Let us know how to use ashwagandha for ED, PE and Oligospermia. This herb has a botanical name Withania Somnifera
Ashwagandha Powder with Milk – Moon Milk
Root powder for this herb has to be boiled with milk and then consumed at night. This can be used in all seasons. This milk is also referred as “moon milk”. The hot potency of Indian gingsen (ushna veerya) gets nullified by the cold potency (sheeta veerya) of milk.
When you are using ashwagandha powder for erectile dysfunction, you can add powders of other potent vajikarana (aphrodisiac) herbs like Kapikacchu (mucuna or velvet bean), Gokshura (Tribulus or Gokhru), Safed musli, Shatavari and Vidarikanda . This fortifies effectiveness of Winter Cherry and helps to overcome erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Powder mixture of these herbs have to be boiled with milk and consumed twice daily after food.
Milk is praised as aphrodisiac in Ayurveda. Here it also acts as a carrier. Milk increases nutritive value of this drink.
Withania is bitter to taste. So natural sweeteners like jaggery , palm sugar can be added to this milk. Men who suffer from diabetes should not add any sweeteners.
Ashwagandha with Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Ashwagandha powder or churna can be used along with amla juice. Both these herbs have anti-aging properties and provide plenty of anti-oxidants. Amla or Indian gooseberry is also praised as “vrushya” (herb which increases sexual function). Hence both these herbs help in overcoming Impotence.
- Amla and Indian ginseng aid in management of blood sugar level. This is an ideal drink for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction due to diabetes.
- Indian gooseberry helps in weight loss. Hence this drink can be consumed by men who suffer from obesity related erectile dysfunction.
Ashwagandha Rasayana or Vajikarana Rasayana
Withania root powder can also be used in form of sweet jam preparations known as Vajikarana rasayana or Vajikara Lehya to address erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. This rasayana preparation contains vajikarana herbs like Kapikacchu, safed musli and Vidari Kanda. This preparation has to be taken twice daily along with a glass of milk after food. This cannot be consumed by diabetic patients as it contains jaggery as sweetening agent. Even this is not recommended for men who have elevated blood lipid levels (increased cholesterol) as it contains ghee (clarified butter).
Ashwagandha oil or Vajikarana Oil
Roots of winter cherry when processed with sesame oil becomes best penis massage oil. Massaging penis with this vajikarana oil helps to increase blood circulation and improve blood flow to penile tissues. It balances vata dosha on genital organ’s skin. This helps to reduce numbness. The base muscles of shaft of penis also get strengthened by this oil massage. When sesame oil is processed with ashwagandha and other vajikarana herbs like mucuna, Tribulus and shatavari, it enhances quality of oil.
This herb can also be used in form of capsules. Here the extract of withania is added to its powder to enhance its efficacy. Capsules are very easy to consume and less cumbersome. When the extract of this herb is mixed with other potent aphrodisiac herbal extracts like mucuna, gokhru, giloy (guduchi) , amla, kokilaksha and black musli its effectiveness get fortified. Ayurvedic doctors recommend such capsules which have multiple benefits .
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- We know that stress and sleep deprivation contributes to sexual dysfunction. Winter cherry helps in ayurvedic management of anxiety and stress and calms mind. It has an ability to relieve stress and acts as sedative. Stressed patients with insomnia are benefited by this herb. It helps to improve quality of sleep and induces good sleep.
- It acts as “balya” i.e strengthens body and immune system to boost immunity.
- This magic herb increases shukra dhatu. Shukra dhatu is a reproductive tissue, explained in ayurveda. When it is healthy it increases duration of hard erection and prevents premature ejaculation. Healthy shukra dhatu improves male fertility and increases sperm count and sperm motility.
- It increases libido and known as best Vajikara dravya (aphrodisiac).
- Ashwagandha retards ageing process when used as rasayana (rejuvenating preparation).
- It reduces hypertension or blood pressure and also acts as diuretic.
(Whats App Dr.Savitha Suri @+ 91 6360108663/ to know more about ayurvedic treatment and remedies )
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/