Few Easy changes in diet and lifestyle, Use of kitchen herbs as beauty enhancers , daily ayurvedic detox with easily available herbs in home help to increase glow and fairness of skin. Here are ayurvedic tips for glowing skin.
Naturally fresh and healthy skin is protector of body and a thing of beauty. Ayurveda our ancient science of medicine has suggested many herbal remedies and natural methods to protect our skin from pimples, acne, dark circles, wrinkles , marks to increase the fairness of the skin. Pimples , acne dark circles, wrinkles and marks give a dull and unhealthy look. Here is a herbal ayurvedic guide for naturally fresh, fair and glowing skin.
Structure of skin According to Ayurveda
It is essential to know about structure of skin before analysing the causes which make changes on skin. Skin is made up of multiple layers of epithelial tissues. Microscopic section of the skin shows two distinct parts. Epidermis is the top most layer. The upper layer of epidermis contains dead cells which gradually cast off. These cells are gradually replaced by fresh new cells produced by basal layer which is the lower layer of epidermis.
The Dermis lies below epidermis and consists of net work of collagen fibers which is responsible for elastic properties of skin. Sebaceous glands associated with hair follicles and sweat glands, are all present in dermis and get blood supply from the subcutaneous tissue present below dermis. Sebaceous glands get activated during puberty and produce an oil like substance called sebum.
In ayurveda according to Sushrutaachaarya the skin has seven layers. These layers when get affected by imbalanced doshas (vata dosha, pitta dosha and kapha dosha , vital energetic forces of body ) give rise to different skin diseases The list of seven layers of skin and diseases which originate from them are as follows.
This is the outermost layer of skin. Pimples, acne, dandruff etc arise when this layer gets affected by vitiated doshas.
2 Lohita –
This is the second layer of skin. Moles, dark circles, black pigmentations occur when vitiated doshas affect this layer.
3 Shweta –
The third layer of skin shweta when gets affected by vitiated doshas precipitates the diseases like eczema, allergic rashes etc
4. Tamra –
This is the fourth layer of skin which when affected by doshas harbors different types of leprosy.
The fifth layer succumbs to herpes when vitiated doshas affect.
Harbors cancer, tumors, elephantiasis etc when affected by vitiated doshas.
7. Mamsadhara –
This is the seventh layer in the body which when affected by vitiated doshas , abscess , fistulas arise.
Functions of skin
It covers and protects the underlying muscles and organs. It guards our body from the invasion of pathogens, acts as insulation, regulates body temperature and is one of the sense organ. It plays a major role in synthesis of Vitamin D.
The melanin pigment of skin protects us from UV radiations of Sun.
6 Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing and Fair Skin
What spoils the beauty of skin.?
Several internal and external causes spoil the beauty of skin.
#1 Avoid Harsh Sun Rays
Sun is the worst enemy of skin. Apply a good sun block on exposed parts of body. Wear full armed lite colored cotton clothes when you move out in sun. Do not forget to wear a hat and cooling glasses. Mix sandal powder in a large glass of water and keep it in refrigerator to cool. Transfer this into a sprayer and keep on spraying this on your body whenever you feel your skin is irritated due to sun rays.
Must keep ayurvedic sunblock and spray mist whenever you go out. They are small and fit in your bag
#a) – Anti Ageing Anti Tan Ultra Sunblock.
- Shields your skin from harmful radiation of the sun
- Prevents sun burns
- Reduces signs of premature ageing
- Reduces skin wrinkles
#b) – Alcohol Free Face Toner Anti-Ageing & Skin Brightening
Ingredients – Vitamin C, Witch Hazel Extract, Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Vitamin B3, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Gotu Kola Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, amla (ndian gooseberry) Fruit Extract,
- Refines pores and fights free radicals while brightening the appearance of skin.
- smooth, hydrate & refreshed skin, shrink pores, clear up acne, prevent breakouts, and minimize the appearance of acne scars giving skin a radiant, healthy and glowing appearance.
- Controls sun damage
#2 Follow Rutucharya (Ayurvedic Seasonal Routine)
Our skin responds to seasonal changes. Following rutucharya or ayurvedic seasonal routine is very essential to prevent harsh effects of season on our skin.
Skin Care In Summer
When climate is hot and humid the skin feels sticky due to sweat. Microbial activity increases on wet skin . Bathe daily to keep the skin clean and lower the microbial activity. Use a mixture of soap nut powder , besan (gram flour) and sandal wood powder to scrub the skin. Home made oat scrub also helps to reduce tan and increase glow of skin.Drink plenty of water to compensate the loss of fluid through sweat.
2 Must have ayurvedic skin essentials for summer
#a) Bella Vita Organic Face & Body Scrub
Advantage :No Paraben, No Sulphates, No silicons, No Petrochemicals, No artificial Preservatives, No harsh detergents
- Gently exfoliates the skin.
- It removes all the dirt and dead skin cells.
- Adds glow to the skin.
- It can be used with any cream, gel, lotion or shampoo and convert that into a scrub.
#b) Blue Nectar Shea Butter Warm Vanilla and Sugar Body lotion Cream with Vitamin E for ultra hydration
Advantage : Free from harmful chemicals and preservatives
- SENSUOUS BODY LOTION FOR DRY SKIN
- NON GREASY, LIGHT BODY MOISTURISER
- Quick absorption helps to leave skin oil free and fresh
- Can be used all year round
- anti ageing lotion and youthful glowing skin.
- Helps to repair Skin by providing ultra body moisturization.
Skin Care During Winter
When climate is cold and dry the moisture level of skin lowers and skin becomes dry and it tends to crack. Apply moisturizing lotion liberally all over body. Smearing fresh aloevera juice improves moisture levels of skin. Massage your body with ayurvedic oils for body like gingelly oil (til oil or sesame oil), ksheerabala oil or coconut oil once in a week. Always wear warm cotton clothes and socks. Regular foot massage with warm gingelly oil or castor oil prevents fissuring of heels and foot. Drink plenty of warm water to keep the skin well hydrated and to prevent dryness.
Cleanse, Scrub and Moisturise
The air pollutants like dust, smoke, smog, dirt can clog pores and cause acne and pimples. Apply a good moisturizer which acts as a barrier between skin and pollutants. Cleanse the skin care fully when you are back home . Use besan (gram flour) and rose water as scrub in summer. A mixture of Masoor dal flour (orange lentils) and milk make a best scrub for winter.
#4 Follow Dinacharya (ayurvedic daily Routine)
Apart from seasonal routine, it is very important to follow ayurvedic daily routine or dinacharya.
Exercise: A brisk walk for 45 minutes keeps the skin healthy by improving blood circulation and eliminating toxins. Lack of exercise lead to dull looking skin.
Stress : Stress causes dark circles, loss of complexion and appearance of permanent lines on facial skin. Yoga, Meditation, Exercise and Body massage are best stress busters and skin friendly therapies.
Addiction: Tobacco, smoking , drugs, alcohol etc make the skin look lifeless and unattractive. Say no to any form of tobacco, alcohol and drugs
#5 Favour ayurvedic healthy diet
Unhealthy diet spoils the skin. Junk, spicy , oily foods spoil the beauty of skin causing acne, pimples and black heads . A healthy diet retards ageing process of skin and gives it a charming look. The tips given below help you to adopt a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of fresh clean water (2-3 liters daily). It helps to eliminate body wastes and toxins. It keeps constipation at bay.
- Let fresh fruits and vegetables occupy major portion of your diet. Dark green and orange vegetables and fruits have antioxidants and also pocess cancer fighting properties
- Avoid sweets, chocolates, junk foods, deep fried, oily and spicy foods.
#6 Stick to Ayurvedic Daily and weekly regimen for beautiful skin
- Take bath daily
- Wash your face twice daily with herbal natural scrubs like besan, methi powder, green gram flour, masoor dal flour etc. Splash clean water on face as soon as you wash.
- Do a complete body massage with gingelly oil or ksheerabala oil once in a week.
- Doing Pranayam (deep breathing exercises) daily for 15 minutes keep the skin healthy and radiant.
- Do facials with natural fresh herbs, fruits, vegetables etc once in a week. Cucumber, carrot, water melon, sandal wood paste, turmeric, honey etc can be used according to seasons and skin types.
- Drink a glass of water with a spoon of honey in empty stomach .This should be one of your daily routine.
- Savor milk, curd or yogurt and butter milk.
- Use 2 tea spoons of ghee per day. This is praised as “varnyakara” (one which enhances glow and fairness of skin) in ayurveda.
- Keep dandruff at bay. Use ayurvedic hair oils to get rid of dandruff
Free Ayurvedic Consultation
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663