Causes of hair fall
There are several conditions which cause hair fall. Some of the major causes are
- A prolonged illness.
- Thyroid hormone imbalance.
- Imbalance of male and female hormone.
- Few Medicines like anticoagulants, medicines used for gout, chemotherapy for cancer, excess of vitamin A, birth control pills and antidepressants.
- In conditions like lupus, diabetes etc
- Fungal infection of scalp.
- Hair styles which involve tying of hair tightly, usage of tight rollers, etc
- Use of harsh chemicals or hot oil for treatment.
Baldness (Androgenetic Alopecia)
Baldness occurs both in men and women as their age advances.
The baldness which occurs in men is called “male pattern baldness” and is characterized by receding hairline and loss of hair on the crown area. It is generally experienced around and from age of 25 years.
The baldness which occurs in women is called “female pattern baldness” and is characterized by overall thinning of hair on scalp and little loss of hair on crown or hairline. This can begin at puberty but usually occurs after menopause.
The cause for both types of baldness is attributed to genetic factors which have been inherited.
Small circular patches of baldness start appearing on the scalp and hair re-grows in these patches after few days. This is called as alopecia areata. Persons who are affected by this condition will have repeated hair fall and regrowth of the above mentioned pattern.
In severe condition total loss of scalp hair occurs. This is called as “alopecia totalis” .Some times complete loss of body hair also occurs. This is called as “alopecia universalis”. In few people the hair re-grows . But the hair loss may occur once again. This is an autoimmune disease.
Hair fall or Hair loss according ayurveda
According to Ayurveda the hair is considered as a tissue which uses the same nutrients of bone. The causes of hair loss are described as follows
- Too much exposure to dust, sunlight, water and other pollutants.
- Too much of sweating.
- Irregular sleeping pattern.
- Anxiety, depression, insomnia.
- Unhygienic way of living
- Alcohol consumption.
BUY AUTHENTIC AYURVEDIC HAIR CARE REMEDIES