Dates popularly known as Khajur, is recommended in ayurveda for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and low sperm count.
Dates are fruits of date palm. This fruit is favoured world wide and its medicinal properties are appreciated by scientists and ayurveda acharyas.
Read this article in Kannada ಖರ್ಜೂರದ ಅರೋಗ್ಯ ಲಾಭಗಳು – ಆಯುರ್ವೇದದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ dates health benefits kannada
Ayurveda Health Benefits of Dates or Khajur
Dates have immense health benefits. Kharjura is the sanskrit name for these fruits in ayurveda. These fruits balance vata dosha (Read Ayurveda Vata Dosha – Body Type and Balancing Tips) and pitta dosha (Read Ayurveda Pitta Dosha , Its Types, Pitta Diet)
Based on principles of ayurveda, dates are sweet to taste (madhura rasa) and increase moistness of tissues (snigdha). It is heavy to digest (guru) and acts as body coolant (sheeta). It balances pitta dosha and vata dosha.
Dates for Erectile Dysfunction
Dates are praised as vrushya or aphrodisiac fruits. Hence they are recommended in men health conditions like low sexual energy, low libido and male infertility. Men can use dates with milk or make salad with carrots ( Read Carrots and Carrot Juice for Men Health. and Dates and Carrot Salad – Vajikarana or Sex Stimulant Food)
According principles of ayurveda dates increase shukra dhatu. Shukra dhatu when in balanced condition helps to boost male sexual health. Dates help to overcome erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and low sperm count.
Ayurveda acharyas recommend dates in Ayurveda vajikarana therapy. Many ayurvedic preparations which are used as ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction (Read Ayurvedic Medicines and Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction) contain these delicious fruits. The Vajikarana recipe “Ayurveda Vrishya Ksheera” (Read Ayurveda Vrishya Ksheera : A Drink With Dates and Milk )” is one of them. These fruits are rich in potassium.
Dates are high in potassium and potassium helps maintain the normal function of the heart and nervous system.
Erectile dysfunction can occur in potassium deficiency and also when there is imbalance between levels of sodium and potassium. Potassium rich dates help men to overcome these conditions effectively. A healthy heart and cardiovascular system is vital to getting strong erections.
In low sperm count:
According to ayurvedic text “Bhava Prakasha”, Kharjura or Dates are known to function as “Shukrala” (the herbs which increase shukra dhatu ( Read Ayurveda Definition of Shukra Dhatu (semen )) or semen). The nutrient rich fruit help to increase quality and quantity of semen.
Dates for arthritis and Joint pain:
Khajur help to balance vata, which is the root cause of joint pain and inflammation. These fruits are also rich in potassium. Hence people suffering from joint pain and arthritis (Ayurvedic Remedy and Tips for Rheumatoid Arthritis (amavata) ) get benefited by the consumption of these fruits.
Dates for Constipation
Khajurs are rich in fiber and also increase the bulk of stool. Consume 5- 10 dates daily to get relieved from constipation (Read Can Constipation Cause Erectile Dysfunction ? ). This can be safely used in constipation during pregnancy (Read Ayurvedic Tips for Weight Loss After Delivery).
In cystitis and UTI:
Dates act as diuretic and body coolant. They are very helpful in conditions like cystitis (Read Cystitis and UTI in Ayurveda) (inflammation of bladder), urinary tract infections and burning urination.
To gain weight
Dates are high in calories. Hence they help to gain healthy weight ( Read Brimhana Therapy an Ayurveda Way to Gain Weight) . Eat around 10 to 15 dates per day followed by a glass of milk to increase body bulk.
Dates are known to pacify acidity. Its alkaline nature helps to reduce discomfort caused due to excessive acid secretion in stomach.
In Anemia :
These fruits are excellent source of iron. People who have tendency to get anemia can consume dates regularly to prevent this condition. In Arabic native medicine pregnant women are encouraged to eat these daily and this regimen is strictly followed for few months even after delivery. Consuming dates in pregnancy helps in three ways. It prevents occurrence of anemia and eases the delivery pains. It reduces bleeding after delivery.
In Diarrhea :
Can diabetics use Dates ?
Too much of dates are definitely not good in diabetes ( Natural Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes ). These fruits have high glycemic index. Spiking of blood sugar has been observed when these are consumed in more numbers. Eating 2 dates per day is beneficial in diabetes ( Read Natural Ayurvedic Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes) . But more than this can cause increase in blood sugar level. (Read Diabetic vegetarian diet or veg diet for south Indians)
Dates and Milk an Ayurveda Recipe
Texts of ayurveda recommend to use dates with milk. This drink is known as vrushya ksheera or aphrodisiac milk. It is one of the ayurvedic vajikarana foods. This milk can be consumed by anybody for other health benefits like gaining weight, boosting energy, to improve pooping, etc . You can check 7 Best Soft Dates or Khajur Available Online in India
Ayurvedic Home remedies with dates
- If you have a cranky stomach which grumbles to digest the food, here is a remedy with dates to rectify it. Finely chop 5-6 fresh dates mix these with a tea spoon of ghee (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Ghee) and a pinch of pepper powder. Consume this in empty stomach in morning and drink a small glass of warm water. You can eat or drink after 2 hours. This relieves constipation (Read Natural Ayurvedic Remedies for Constipation); set rights agni or digestive power (Read Ayurveda Agni or Body Fire or Metabolism and Digestion Process ) and strengthens the digestive system.
- When you have a muscle pull or muscle cramp apply a poultice of date sugar on affected part. Warm 2 tea spoon of sesame oil (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Sesame Seeds and Oil ), mix date sugar in it. Apply this warm poultice on aching muscle. This relieves pain.
- Chop around 15 fresh dates mix it with 10 tea spoons of ghee. Add a pinch of ginger (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Ginger ) powder, cardamom (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Cardamom in Weight Loss and PCOS ) powder and few strands of saffron ( Read Health Benefits of Saffron or Kesar or Crocus Sativus – An Ayurveda View ). Store this in a jar and do not refrigerate it. Consume 1 tea spoon of this in early morning. People who are willing to gain weight, pregnant women and people with low energy levels can use this. This is an effective ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction. People with high cholesterol (Read Increased Cholesterol and Erectile Dysfunction – Ayurveda Treatment ) and persons who are on weight loss program refrain from using this. Diabetes people can use this if their blood cholesterol levels are in normal limits.
- We all know that refined sugar makes us obese. If you are on a weight loss (Read 5 Best Ayurvedic Weight Loss Secrets ) program use date sugar instead of white raw sugar. It is a healthy substitute which contains lots of iron. This can be used in pregnancy. You can also use Dates Syrup or Dates Honey as substitute for processed sugar.
- When acidity bites the belly, finely chop 2 fresh dates and mix it with a spoon of honey (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Honey ) and consume it. It prevents palpitation and boosts energy.
- Kids usually get diarrhoea during teething. At that time mix ½ tea spoon date sugar and ½ tea spoons honey and give this to child 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Palm sugar milk or Kharjura sharkara ksheera is a very good recipe to boost strength, increase libido (Read Ayurvedic Treatment to Increase Male Libido ) and nourish recuperating patients. This recipe increases sperm count (Read Male Infertility – Ayurvedic Ways to Increase Sperm Count and Motility ) and helps in erectile dysfunction.
- Dates and Carrot salad is a best Vajikarana or aphrodisiac food
- A drink in which Milk is processed with dates is known as Vrishya ksheera or aphrodisiac milk. It is very useful for men with impotence
Consult Dr.Savitha Suri for ayurvedic remedies. Email [email protected] . WhatsApp + 91 6360108663
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/