According to dosha theory of ayurveda dandruff is caused by vitiation of vata and kapha doshas of scalp. Ayurveda has recommended many herbal formulations and remedies for dandruff. These ayurvedic herbal remedies for dandruff are very effective.
In normal conditions the new cells of scalp skin push the older ones to the surface of scalp. The dead and old cells are shed almost in an invisible way. But in few conditions this process becomes unusually rapid and the dead cells are shed in form of dry flakes.
These flakes collectively constitute what we call dandruff.
According to ayurveda dandruff is caused due to vitiation of kapha and vayu. Vitiated kapha and vayu make the scalp skin dry. Vitiated kapha causes itching of scalp. Thus dried scalp skin comes out in flakes.
The probable causes for dandruff are:
- ill maintained scalp.
- Hypersensitivity to dust, smoke, shampoos etc
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Improper nourishment leading to poor health.
- Mental stress.
- Hair colors, curlers hot hair curlers etc.
- Harsh shampoos.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Self Care for dandruff:
- Do not scratch or brush the scalp too hard.
- Brush hair gently before washing scalp and hair.
- Keep the scalp clean by washing it thrice in a week.
- Cover your scalp with a scarf or hat to prevent it from extreme weather conditions.
- Manage stress with relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation.
- Prevent excess oil accumulation on scalp.
- Avoid hair style accessories like blow dryers, gels, sprays and harsh colors.
- Eat healthy nourishing food.
- Avoid greasy, sweet and oily food.
BUY AUTHENTIC AYURVEDIC HAIR CARE REMEDIES