Steps involved in ayurveda weight gain therapy or brimhana therapy:
- Ayurveda physicians advise usage of herbs and other ingredients which have earth (prithvi) and water (ap) elements in larger proportions.
- Vata causes emaciation or weight loss in body. Hence these ingredients and methods must alleviate vata and balance all three doshas.
- Massaging whole body with vata balancing herbal oil (ksheerabala oil) is recommended for those who are willing to gain healthy weight.
- Usage of ayurvedic herbal preparations called Brimhana Rasayanas help to increase healthy body weight.
- Inclusion of ghee, milk, meat and other nutrient foods in diet helps to increase body weight. These foods must increase kapha and reduce vata.
- Reducing stress level, sleeping comfortably for long hours and afternoon naps are very essential to increase body mass.
- Restriction of strenuous physical activities also contributes to weight gain.
Benefits of Ayurveda Brimhana Therapy or healthy weight gain therapy:
The person who undergoes weight gain therapy enjoys the following benefits-
- The body weight increases. Body looks healthy and well formed.
- Body immunity gets a boost. Susceptibility to diseases reduces.
- Skin gains healthy and young look. Dryness of skin and wrinkles disappear. Luster and glow occupy the place of dullness.
- Energy levels increase.
- Men sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, reduced semen volume etc disappear.
- Volume of milk increases in lactating mothers.
- Children gain energy, healthy body weight and can easily digest the food consumed. They become more resistant to common diseases like cough and cold.
- Recuperation from illness is achieved quickly without any complications.
If you are trying to gain weight, keep regular appointments with your doctor to make sure you are staying in a healthy range.