Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and sugar. Texts of Ayurveda eulogize this fruit for its immense nourishing properties. Dates are known as “Kharjura” in Ayurveda. Dates pacify all three doshas. Persons with high kapha and diabetes should use these with caution. Date sugar can be used as a healthy substitute for refined sugar.
Here are few effective home remedies with raw dates, dry dates and date sugar.
- If you have a cranky stomach which grumbles to digest the food, here is a remedy with dates to rectify it. Finely chop 5-6 fresh dates mix these with a tea spoon of ghee and a pinch of pepper powder. Consume this in empty stomach in morning and drink a small glass of warm water. You can eat or drink after 2 hours. This relieves constipation; set rights agni or digestive power and strengthens the digestive system.
- When you have a muscle pull or muscle cramp apply a poultice of date sugar on affected part. Warm 2 tea spoon of sesame oil, mix date sugar in it. Apply this warm poultice on aching muscle. This relieves pain.
- Chop around 15 fresh dates mix it with 10 tea spoons of ghee. Add a pinch of ginger powder, cardamom powder and few strands of saffron. Store this in a jar and do not refrigerate it. Consume 1 tea spoon of this in early morning. People who are willing to gain weight, pregnant women and people with low energy levels can use this. This is an effective ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction. People with high cholesterol and persons who are on weight loss program refrain from using this. Diabetes people can use this if their blood cholesterol levels are in normal limits.
- We all know that refined sugar makes us obese. If you are on a weight loss program use date sugar instead of white raw sugar. It is a healthy substitute which contains lots of iron. This can be used in pregnancy.
- When acidity bites the belly, finely chop 2 fresh dates and mix it with a spoon of honey and consume it. It prevents palpitation and boosts energy.
- Kids usually get diarrhoea during teething. At that time mix ½ tea spoon date sugar and ½ tea spoons honey and give this to child 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Palm sugar milk or Kharjura sharkara ksheera is a very good recipe to boost strength, increase libido and nourish recuperating patients. This recipe increases sperm count and helps in erectile dysfunction.
- Dates and Carrot salad is a best Vajikarana or aphrodisiac food
- A drink in which Milk is processed with dates is known as Vrishya ksheera or aphrodisiac milk. It is very useful for men with impotence