Natural Ayurvedic face packs are devoid of side effects and they moisten, revitalise, tone, cleanse and rejuvenate skin. They also help to increase fairness and glow of skin.
Table of Contents
Why we need a face pack ?
According to Sukhneet Kaur Bhatti-
Exposure to pollutants and sun rays leads to a dull and dry skin. Most of us these days have a lifestyle that requires exposure to the outer environment. Over exposure to the external environment leaves our skins parched and lifeless. Indeed, proper skin care is a key to acquiring radiant skin for regaining the lost facial charm and also the confidence that is considered as the reflection of our inner strength.
Face masks are considered as the best way to enhance the appearance of the lifeless skin. Be it an oily skin, dry skin or normal skin, face packs help to cope well with the skin problems and also offer radiant skin.
There are numerous benefits of applying face masks on the facial skin. It moisturizes, tones, cleanses and rejuvenates the skin from within. There are several ready to use face masks available on the market these days for every skin type. Though, it is important to consider a face mask according to the age of a person. For example – a tightening face pack is not meant for the people of lesser age. It is best for the people in their forties or fifties as it aids in the lifting of the sagging skin.
Benefits of Using Face Packs
- Face masks are excellent cleaners that deeply cleanse the skin and rejuvenates the texture of the skin.
- Facial masks are the bleaching agents and aids in lightening the skin tone.
- Application of face packs helps in regaining the elasticity of the skin by making it firmer. If used on a regular basis, it prevents the skin from sagging that is often the result of aging.
- Face packs absorb the unwanted oil from the epidermis and open the clogged pores by removing the dead skin cells from the skin.
- It effectively deals with the problem of sun tanning and offers even skin tone to the entire face.
- It also works as a stress reliever by boosting up the flow of oxygen to the facial skin.
- As most of the face pack contain anti-oxidants, it aids in fighting the skin infections and helps to reduce skin dryness.
- If you are dealing with acne, scars or pimples on the surface of the skin, application of a good face mask on the skin are the best remedies to achieve significant results.
- Offers soft and supple skin for the user.
- Also, provides you with younger looking skin.
We all are well-aware that skin is the largest organ of our body and is known to eliminate toxins from our body through the process of sweating. It helps our body to get rid of the toxins but still is subjected to various kinds of skin diseases and infections. Skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, acne and pimples are common, and that is why people make use of face packs to enhance the vitality of the skin by helping it to get rid of the skin problems. For ages, people have been using face masks for its detoxification.
Face Pack in Ayurveda
The herbal paste which is applied on face to treat acne, pimple, scars, marks and pigments are known as “mukha lepa” in ayurveda. The process of smearing this herbal mix on face is known as “mukha lepana”. This beauty therapy is popular as facial. The smooth powder which is used for facial application is “face pack”. A good herbal face pack must supply necessary nutrients to skin. It should penetrate the subcutaneous tissues in order to deliver the required nutrients. Different types of skin need different types of herbal face packs.
The FACE PACKS which are mentioned in ayurveda help women to get rid of wrinkles , dark circles , pimples and acne. Herbal face packs increase the fairness and smoothness of skin. We can derive the maximum benefits of herbal face packs by using them according to our skin type. These face packs increase skin glow and are best ayurveda treatment to increase fairness.
Benefits of Applying Ayurvedic Face pack:
- Nourishes the skin. Fruit face packs supply essential nutrients to skin.
- Helps to reduce, acne, pimple, scars and marks depending on its herbal ingredients. Usually face packs made of neem and tulsi help to reduce acne and pimple. Face packs which are recommended for acne, pimple, black heads usually control the over discharge of sebum from sebaceous glands and remove the harmful bacteria inside acne lesion. The scars and marks of skin can reduced by adding fine powder of sandal, rose petals and orange lentils with acne face pack
- Face packs usually remove dead cells of skin.
- These face masks provide a soothing and relaxing effect on skin.
- They help to restore the lost shine and glow of skin in short span of time.
- Regular use of natural face masks bring glow and fairness to skin, improve skin texture and complexion.
- The harmful effects of pollution and harsh climates can be effectively combated with judicial use of face packs.
- They help to prevent premature aging of skin.
- Formation of wrinkles, fine lines and sagging of skin can be effectively controlled by using natural face packs.
- Natural face packs make the skin look young and healthy.
Precautions to be taken while applying face pack
- Select the face pack according to your skin type. Take opinion of natural therapist or concerned skin expert before applying face pack.
- The face pack should not be left on face more than 15 to 20 minutes. Keeping for very long time may result in formation of wrinkles, sagging of skin and enlargement of open pores.
- Apply face pack once in a week.
- Don’t try to peel or scratch the dried face pack. This may harm underlying skin. Spray water (which is at room temperature) on face before removing dried face pack. After removing the mask roll an ice cube on facial skin. This helps to close open pores and tightens skin. It also tones and soothes the skin.
- Do not scrub face vigorously. This may result in eruption of pimples and dark spots.
- Stay away from heat when you have applied face pack.
- Avoid applying face pack near “eye zone”. The skin around eye is very delicate. The process of removing face pack may damage the sensitive skin around eyes.
Do it yourself ayurvedic herbal facial
Whats App or email Dr.Savitha Suri @ email@example.com, + 91 6360108663/ to know more about ayurvedic treatment to increase fairness and skin glow
Increase fairness using herbal face packs and ayurveda herbal facial treatment. Say no to pimples, acne ,marks, black circles and darkness
Herbal facial method
Wash the face and neck keeping the following points in view.
- If you have Dry Skin, use a mild soap which contain glycerine. This adds moisture to your skin.
- If you have Oily Skin, use a soap that contains salicylic acid.
- If you have Sensitive Skin, use milder soaps.
Dry your face by just pressing soft towel on your skin.
Cleanse the face with herbal cleanser which has little moisturizer in that
Place a wet cotton gauze on eyes and also on the head. (make a palm size cotton gauze for head). Expose face and neck to steam until you begin sweating profusely. The wet gauze protect the eyes and head from heat of steam.
The steam opens up the pores and helps the herbal ingredients of face pack to work deep in skin. The sticky sebum, dirt and toxins get softened due to steam. Just a gentle pressure on acne will bring the clog out. (Take care not to touch the acne with nails).
Now wash your face with the soap that suits the skin. Take 4 table spoons of herbal face pack and prepare a thick paste by adding milk. Apply a 1/4 inch thick pack on face and neck. Allow the face pack to dry. Remove the dried face pack using wet cotton swab. Do not hurt the skin while removing the face pack. Wash face with plain cold water.
The ingredients of the herbal face pack remove the dead cells of skin and expose the fresh , fair and glowing skin. The active ingredients of the herbal face pack help in reducing pimple marks, dark circles and enhances the resistance of skin to these problems. The herbal pack rejuvenates the underlying skin cells. The herbal ingredients of face pack controls the oil secretion from oil glands.
Apply Herbal gel provided with kit. The gel nourishes the skin and soothes it. Relax at least for 15 minutes.
Apply herbal gel twice daily. Take 2 herbal rejuvenating tablets everyday night before going to bed with a glass of warm water . These tablets rejuvenate the whole body and works from inside to keep the skin fair and clean
Author : Dr. Savitha Suri Consultant Ayurvedic Physician
Free Ayurvedic Consultation
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/