Texts of ayurveda recommend best treatment and medicine for increased uric acid levels in blood. These ayurvedic remedies are easy to adopt in daily life . Here is an insight how to control this condition and gout
Table of Content
Formation of Uric Acid:
The food we eat is broken down in our body into small molecules to help absorption of nutrients and excretion of waste. Even our body cells are broken down as they age .Uric acid is produced (in both process) during break down of waste products called “purines”. Purines are nitrogenous compounds which are essential part of many foods and body tissues. Uric acid thus formed is usually filtered by kidneys.
Effects of Increased uric acid level in blood
The uric acid levels in blood increases in the following conditions.
- When too much of uric acid is produced in body.
- Kidneys are unable to remove excess uric acid.
- In diabetes when function of kidney is lowered.
High level of uric acid in blood tend to form crystals which get deposited in joints causing pain. This type of joint pain is known as Gout. ( Read Gout ayurveda natural remedy , causes treatment and tips ) High level of uric acid may also cause kidney stones or kidney failure.
Texts of Ayurveda explain this condition very well. According to principles of Ayurveda High uric acid levels in blood is caused due to vitiation of Vata and Rakta dhatu (blood ). Ayurveda acharyas compare vitiation of vata and rakta to the pairing of air and fire which is quick in onset and spreads quickly. (Read what causes gout to flare up )They also explain the Best Ayurvedic Medicine for High Uric Acid Levels which normalise vata and rakta
Causes of High Uric Acid Level
- Consumption of rich foods which are high in protein like liver, game meat, anchovies, sardines, gravy, dried beans and peas, mushrooms, and other foods
- Overweight or Obesity
- Few Medications
- Increased consumption of alcohol
- Psoriasis ( Read 16 Indian ayurvedic Home remedies for Psoriasis )
- Inability of kidneys to eliminate uric acid
Ayurvedic Herbs Used in Uric Acid Treatment and Remedy
Consult Dr.Savitha Suri for Best Ayurvedic Medicine for High Uric Acid Levels / +916360108663
Texts of Ayurveda recommend herbs in the form of medicine, which normalise vata and also reduce vitiation of rakta or blood. Usually herbs like amla , vibhitaki , haritaki , bitter gourd (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd or Bitter Melon (Karela) ) , neem (Neem a Natural boon for diabetics ), guduchi or giloy (Ayurveda Medicinal properties of Guduchi ) etc are used in form of tablets, capsules and liquid preparations. While treating high uric acid levels through Ayurveda, the priority is given to eliminate body toxins which are disturbing composition of blood. Along with detoxification ( Read Ayurvedic Liver Detox at Home ) various herbs are administered to normalise vata and purify blood. A patient with high uric acid level should follow a strict pathya or diet and a disciplined ayurvedic daily routine or dinacharya and Rutucharya or Ayurvedic seasonal routine.
Natural ayurvedic Home Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid Level
Say no to red meat, seafood, organ meats and beans which are high in purines. Avoid refined carbohydrates like maida or all purpose flour and vegetables such as asparagus, peas, mushrooms and cauliflower. Plant purines are far safer than meat and fish purines in terms of gout risk.
High Purines Foods:
beef, mutton, veal, pork, venison, chicken, duck and turkey. Other organ meat such as brain, kidney, liver, pancreas, thymus, heart, neck, –
cod, crab, lobster, snapper, salmon, tuna, trout, sardines and anchovies-
cauliflower, asparagus, peas, spinach, contain a lot of purines, as do legumes such as lima beans, navy beans and lentils. Oatmeal is also high in purines.
- Never ever drink aerated drinks like soda and soft drinks. Avoid fruit juices and other sugar rich drinks.
- Limit alcohol consumption-Alcohol dehydrates the body and increases the concentration of uric acid in blood. Usually alcohol is consumed with purine rich food. Also limit consumption of beer as the yeast in beer may increase blood uric acid level.
- Consume cherries, blueberries, pineapple, and strawberries. Use Celery, which is a natural diuretic and helps to alkalize your blood and decrease inflammation.
- Drink bitter gourd and amla (Indian gooseberry) juice daily. (Juice of one bitter gourd and 5 amlas spread in a day)
- Consume 1-2 leaves of Guduchi or giloy (Guduchi capsules – giloy / tinospora cordifolia capsules ) in empty stomach
- Reduce body weight. Do not go for a crash diet. Adopt a gradual weight loss programme.
- Drink plenty of water. Keep your body hydrated. Water dilutes uric acid levels in the blood, and stimulates the kidneys to pass on waste products to the bladder.
- Maintain body PH: To keep your body alkaline, add apples, apple cider vinegar, amla juice, baking soda and lemons to your diet.
- Never use too much of salty, sour, spicy and fried food
- Keep your bowels clean. Avoid foods which cause indigestion. Avoid constipation. Constipation can also cause erectile dysfunction.
- Do not consume opposite foods like milk with fish, fruits with yogurt or curd etc.
- Keep stress (Read Effect of stress on our body and tips to reduce stress ) at bay. Practice yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercises.
- Do not sleep in afternoons and do not keep awake at night.
- Do not suppress natural urges like defecation, urination etc. ( Read Suppression of natural urges can cause diseases )
- Include fruits like amla, lemon etc which contain more Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to help in lowering uric acid level.
- Always use whole grains instead of processed grains.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/