Texts of ayurveda explain the causes of psoriasis. These causes are explained below.
- Consumption of few vegetables and herbs may cause psoriasis. Increased intake of radish, honey, fish and garlic may increase incidences of psoriasis. Radish should never be consumed with jaggery.
- Few herbs when taken in combination with other foods can become the cause. Long pepper and Solanum Nigrum should not be consumed with curd and ghee
- Consuming Green leafy vegetables and milk with alcohol should be avoided.
- Meat and honey when used with hot and spicy food may cause psoriasis and other skin diseases.
- The combination of Sea foods, meat of aquatic animals and milk is very detrimental to skin health.
- Food has to be eaten only when we feel hungry. When foods are consumed disregarding the hunger signals, it leads to psoriasis.
- Consumption of opposite foods is also a causative factor for psoriasis.
- Suppression of natural urges like vomiting, urinating, emptying bowel etc can also become a reason for this skin disease.
- Increased intake of sour and salty food vitiates rakta and pitta. These in turn affect skin health.
- Not but least the fruits of our Karma can also cause psoriasis.
READ HINDI ARTICLES ON PSORIASIS