Ayurveda acharyas have recommended many effective tips to control acne and prevent its erruptions. These tips also help to reduce scars formed due to acne and pimple.
Tips to prevent acne , pimple break up
- .Keep your skin clean. Wash the face or acne, pimple outbreak areas twice daily with mild soap whih suits your skin.
- •Do not touch the outbreak areas with hands. Our hands surfaces harbour bacteria which may infect the acne prone skin and cause pimples
- •Do not prick or squeez acne or pimple. It leaves marks which affect the glow of skin adversely.
- •Sun burns cause acne and pimples. Hence use a good non clogging sun screen lotion.
- •Use an electric razor to shave .
- •Use oil free base make up on acne prone skin
- •Do not scrub. Scrubbing does more harm than good.
Acne home remedies
- Mix 2 spoons of lemon juice and 2 spoons of rose water and apply it on places where acne erupt. Wash it off after 45 minutes.
- Eat raw radish, carrot and cucumbers daily.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Drink a glass of warm water mixed with 1/2 spoon lemon juice and two spoons of honey. This detoxifies body and prevents acne
- Cook oatmeal and apply on face for fifteen minutes, then wash it off.
- Apply apple cedar vinegar on face to cleanse the skin.
- Boil tulsi leaves in 1/4 cup of water and dip 2-3 tea bags. Apply this to face with a cotton ball.
- Boil lettuce leaves in water and wash your face with this water.
- Mix cooked oat meal, curd and apply it on face.
- Apply a face pack of sandal wood powder, neem and fuller earth.
Useful Quick home remedies for acne and pimples
Use these ingredients which are easily available on kitchen shelves to solve acne and pimple problems.
Honey: Honey is very popular for its antimicrobial properties. It is also store house of plenty of nutrients which can nourish skin. According to texts of ayurveda honey has “lekhana” properties. Lekhana means scraping. Honey has properties of scraping impurities, oily contents and fat. Hence this can be best used in treating acne and pimples at home. Apply honey on face and massage with upward strokes. Wash it off within 10 minutes.
Neem juice: Neem’s antimicrobial property is well known. Apply freshly extracted juice of neem on acne and pimples. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with water. The paste of neem can be applied on scars and marks of acne. Apply crushed neem leaves at night on blemishes and wash it off in morning for a clean and clear skin
Lemon juice: Lemon has mild antimicrobial properties. Mix ½ tea spoon of lemon juice with 3 tea spoons of water and apply it on face. Rinse face after 30 minutes. If your skin is sensitive dilute it more to prevent any irritation.