Acharya charaka has given a detailed answer for question What Causes Erectile Dysfunction in Older Males? .
Table of content
Jaraja Claibya – Ayurvedic definition of ED due to Old age
Acharya charaka has given a detailed answer for question What Causes Erectile Dysfunction in Older Males? . According to Charaka samhita the age related sexual dysfunction occurs due to following reasons.
- In old age man faces under nourishment due to various reasons. Reduced production of digestive juices, inability to chew food due to weak teeth, medications are few of these reasons. The tissues of male reproductive system fail to get adequate nutrients and this leads to erectile dysfunction.
- Decline in physical strength, psychological stress, low energy and diminished sensory and motor reflexes are other causes of sexual dysfunction due to old age.
- The above said factors reduce quantity and quality of semen causing impotence ( Benefits of Walking for Men Suffering From Impotence ).
•But persons who regularly consume Vajikarana therapy to keep their tissues well nourished rarely face old age related erectile dysfunction. The vajikarana therapy increases libido ( Ayurvedic Treatment to Increase Male Libido ) and helps to maintain the shukra dhatu or semen ( Ayurveda Definition of Shukra Dhatu (semen ) ) at optimum level.
UNDER NOURISHMENT :
In old age males face under nourishment due to various reasons like reduced production of digestive juices, inability to chew foods due to weak teeth, regular use of medications etc. These causes lead to malnourishment of male reproductive tissues. When the tissues of male reproductive system fail to get adequate nutrients the erectile dysfunction sets in .
Weakening of Shukra Dhatu
Ayurveda acharyas mention dhatu kshaya or degenerative process as the main reason for erectile dysfunction in middle and old age men. The Shukra dhatu, which stimulates and also helps in normal sexual function, tends to decrease as age advances.
According to ayurveda acharyas even reduced nourishment as mentioned above, leads to weakening of Shukra Dhatu. Shukra dhatu is the main component which keeps up strength of man and his sexual energy. When shukra dhatu is reduced by its quality and quantity, there will be a decline in physical strength, low energy, diminished sensory and motor reflexes, low semen volume, quality reduction in semen and reduction in testosterone level. All these causes lead to erectile dysfunction or impotence (Read ( Ayurvedic Medicines and Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction ) ). Added to this psychological stress, is another cause of sexual dysfunction due to old age.
Many studies reveal that erectile dysfunction is very common in middle and old aged men. Sexual function sharply decreases in men who are above 50. Texts of Ayurveda describe this condition as “Jaraja Klaibya” or impotence due to ageing. There are various causes which lead to this condition. These are explained below.
- Atherosclerosis or hardening of arteries is the major cause. The small blood vessels which supply blood to male genital organ get damaged due to atherosclerosis. This reduces blood supply to penis which causes impotence.
- Stress is another cause of impotence ( Stress and Erectile dysfunction or Impotence ) in middle aged men. Job, finance, family all these contribute to psychological stress which leads to impotence.
- Diseases, which surface as age advances, also contribute to erectile dysfunction. Obesity ( Ayurvedic Herbs, Medicine and Treatment for Obesity ), diabetes ( How to Prevent Diabetes – Ayurveda Tips ), high blood pressure ( Relationship Between High blood Pressure and Erectile Dysfunction ), increased blood cholesterol ( Increased Cholesterol and Erectile Dysfunction – Ayurveda Treatment ) etc are all common health conditions which affect sexual function in middle aged men. Few medications which are used to treat these old age problems may also cause impotence
- Apart from these smoking ( Relation Between Smoking and Erectile Dysfunction in Men ), consumption of alcohol, addiction to drugs, and sedentary lifestyles play a major role in decreasing the sexual function.
Ayurvedic Remedies or Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction in Old Age
Ayurveda acharyas recommend Vajikarana Therapy ( Ayurveda Vajikarana Therapy )to slow down ageing process and boost the quality of Shukra dhatu. The Vajikarana herbs nourish the seven dhatus and strengthen the shukra dhatu. The following tips are advised by ayurvedic physicians to keep the erectile dysfunction at bay in middle and old age.
Adhere to a healthy food habits which suit your dosha and agni or body fire (digestion and metabolism). ( Ayurveda Agni or Body Fire or Metabolism and Digestion Process ) This helps in good digestion and efficient absorption of nutrients. Healthy eating habits improve nourishment and replenish the nutrients to tissues of reproductive system.
Be physically active. Regular exercises like walking ( Benefits of Walking for Men Suffering From Impotence ) (brisk walk) daily for 30 minutes helps to keep aged men fit and improves blood circulation. Exercises also prevent weight gain and increase the mobility of joints.
Following dinacharya or ayurvedic daily routine helps to keep up good health in older males. Waking up early in morning and practicing yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercises help to reduce stress and anxiety ( Stress and Anxiety Management Through Ayurveda ) level.
Watch your weight.
Reduce weight if you are obese. Sthoulya or obesity is the main reason for erectile dysfunction. Healthy eating and regular exercises help to reduce obesity.
Lead a healthy lifestyle
Healthy lifestyle increases lifespan and slows down aging process. Strictly say no to drugs, smoking and alcohol. Vyasana or addictions to these, cause erectile dysfunction in older males.
Good Sleep is the mantra.
Sleep ( Ayurvedic Remedies, Medicines and Tips for Good Sleep ) well. A good sleep always helps in quick rejuvenation. Sleep deprivation or ‘anidrata’ leads to indigestion and malnourishment. Hence sleep well to keep the sexulal function up.
Ayurveda Vajikarana Therapy:
Texts of ayurveda recommend vajikarana therapy for every adult male. Vajikarana therapy boosts performance of men like that of a horse. Vajikarana therapy nourishes all dhatus especially shukra dhatu. Hence undergo Vajikarana Therapy once in a year to strengthen the body tissue specially reproductive tissues.
The potent aphrodisiac herbs like
- Ashwagandha ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Ashwagandha ),
- Safed musli ( Ayurveda Health Benefits, Uses of Safed Musli ),
- Kapikacchu or mucuna (Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Kapikacchu- Mucuna Pruriens ),
- Gokshura or tribulus, ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Tribulus Terrestris or Gokshura ) etc in Vajikarana Therapy help to slow down aging process and also replenish the nutrients of tissues. Vajikarana Herbs boost the strength of dhatus, increase body energy, strength and stamina. This therapy is designed to increase libido and help in erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
How to use Vajikarana Therapy
Men who are devoid of cholesterol, obesity or diabetes can opt for complete Vajikarana Therapy to boost their sexual strength and energy.
Men who are diabetic or obese or have issues with blood cholesterol can opt for specially designed Vajikarana Therapy preparations, which are devoid of ghee ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Uses of Ghee ), honey or jaggery ( Ayurveda Health Benefits and Medicinal Properties of Jaggery ).
Benefits of Vajikarana Therapy
- Males who regularly consume Vajikarana therapy to keep their tissues well nourished rarely face old age related erectile dysfunction.
- The vajikarana therapy increases libido and helps to maintain the shukra dhatu or semen at optimum level.
- Vajikarana therapy slows down aging process. Hence men who use this therapy look younger than their age.
- This therapy makes their skin young and glowing ( 6 Steps for Glowing Skin – An Ayurveda Guide for Beautiful Skin ).
- It keeps them energetic and active.
- Vajikarana therapy helps body to fight inflammation.
(Whats App Dr.Savitha Suri @+ 91 6360108663/ to know more about ayurvedic treatments and remedies )
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/