Dry ginger, hot water, cooked radish, bengal gram, tender coconut water, buttermilk , etc are recommended in ayurveda as ingredients of ayurvedic home remedies for ibs.
A large global population suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Scientists attribute stress and worry as causes for this condition. But the exact cause has yet to be found.
Table of Content
Causes of IBS according ayurveda
According to Ayurveda imbalance in strength of “agni” or digestive power is the main cause for ibs. Acharyas describe how chinta (worries), stress , adhyashana (eating before digestion of previous food), irregular food timing, viruddhahara (opposite foods), consumption of foods which do not complement prakruti or constitution of body, all these are contributing factors for ibs.
In ayurveda they have given a detailed description about Inflammation of colon. The symptoms, causes, and treatments are very well explained.
Symptoms of ibs – an ayurveda view
The following are the symptoms of Inflammation of colon as mentioned in ayurvedic books like CHARAKA , SUSHRUTA . Cramp, pain, gassiness, bloating, and changes in bowel habits are some symptoms described in these texts. Some people have constipation; others have diarrhoea; and some people experience both. Sometimes the person has a crampy urge to move the bowels but cannot do so. Feeling of dryness in palate, pain in anus, delayed digestion, lethargy, varied consistency of stools and may be associated with mucous, froth or blood.
Summary of ibs symptoms
- Malabaddhata (constipation) and/or atisara (diarrhea)
- Raktatisara (blood in stools)
- Hrullasa (Nausea)
- Shoola , admana (Abdominal pain and bloating)
- Aruchi ( Anorexia)
- Headache and tiredness
- Weight loss
Ayurveda home remedies for ibs
Many preparations which give good relief in Inflammation of colon have been illustrated in Ayurveda. Here we have selected few preparations from classical therapies illustrated by CHARAKA,SUSHRUTA and VAGBHATA, which can be prepared at home very easily using the ingredients that are very easily available on kitchen shelves. The formula to prepare effective ayurvedic medicine for inflammation of colon, will be provided through this site in order to propagate the benefits of Ayurvedic medicines.
- Mix a pinch of dry ginger powder in hot water and consume this in early morning. Drinking ginger tea or chewing raw ginger help to reduce inflammation of colon caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Cook radish with bengal gram and add a pinch of rock salt or sendha namak and long pepper. This can be used as soup in diet.
- Consumption of buttermilk regularly controls the symptoms of Inflammation of Colon.
- Boil one teaspoon of flaxseed in a cup of water. Drink it before going to bed at night.
- Consume a tea spoon of isabgol (Psyllium Husks) with warm water before going to bed.
- Mix equal quantity of powders of cinnamon, ginger and cumin seeds or jeera. Store this in an airtight container. Take 1 tea spoon of this powder mix and add a tea spoon of honey to make a paste. Consume a tea spoon of this thrice daily.
- Juice of Indian borage or Ajwain leaves and decoction of Kutaja are mixed and given as ayurvedic home remedy for IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Tender coconut water and coconut flowers help to soothe the irritated intestines.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables which do not cause abdominal discomfort or exaggerate symptoms of ibs have to be consumed.
- Avoid consumption of coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, tobacco and smoking.
- Beans , cabbage, dairy, citrus fruits, jackfruit may cause gassy stomach. Avoid these if you are uncomfortable with these.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/