Here we have listed 5 top kumkumadi tailam (oil) available on Amazon India. These have ingredients as mentioned in texts of ayurveda with sesame oil as base oil.
Caution: Always do a patch test before using any beauty product. This may not suit oily skin and sensitive skin.
How to Use Kumkumadi Tailam ?
Usage of this oil depends on different skin conditions.
For acne, pimple and blemishes
Take few drops on your finger tip and massage on face. Wash it off after 20 minutes. or as directed by physician.
In pregnancy stretch marks
To enhance skin complexion of body
A Quick Glimpse
|Product||Buy on Amazon India|
|TopAuravedic Kumkumadi Oil, 100 Ml||Check This|
|Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal Ayurvedic Kumkumadi Tailam - 10 ml||Check This|
|Khadi Global Royale Kumkumadi Tailam Treatment, 12ml||Check This|
|Kerala Ayurveda Kumkumadi Oil - 10 Ml||Check This|
|Kamdhenu Kumkumadi Taila 50ml oil||Check This|
List of Ingredients to be present in Kumkumadi Tailam, according to Bhaishajya Ratnavali , the ancient pharmacology text of ayurveda.
- Pterocarpus Santalinus – Red Sandalwood (Red Sanders) – Lal Chandan
- Crocus Sativus – Saffron – Kesar (Health Benefits of Saffron or Kesar or Crocus Sativus – An Ayurveda View)
- Laccifer Lacca – Lac
- Rubia Cordifolia – Manjistha
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra – Licorice – Yashtimadhu (Mulethi)
- Berberis Aristata – Daruhaldi
- Vetiveria Zizanioides – Ushira
- Prunus Cerasoides – Padmaka
- Nymphaea Stellata – Blue Lotus – Nilkand (Neel Kamal)
- Ficus Benghalensis – Indian Banyan – Vat Vriksha
- Ficus Lacor – Java Fig – Pakar
- Nelumbo Nucifera – sacred lotus (Indian Lotus) – Kamal Kesar
- Aegle Marmelos – Bael
- Premna Mucronata – Agnimantha
- Oroxylum Indicum – Shyonaka
- Gmelina Arborea – Gambhari
- Stereospermum Suaveolens – Patala
- Desmodium Gangeticum – Shalaparni
- Uraria Picta – Prishnaparni
- Tribulus Terrestris – Gokshura
- Solanum Indicum – Brihati
- Solanum Xanthocarpum – Kantakari
- Madhuca Longifolia – Mahua
- Caesalpinia Sappan – Pattanga
- Sesame Oil
- Goat Milk
Kumkumadi tailam has to be prepared according to taila paka vidhi (authentic ayurvedic medicated oil preparation), as explained in ancient ayurvedic texts.
Benefits of Kumkumadi Tailam or Oil
Kumkumadi tailam (oil) is an ayurvedic beauty oil which is recommended to help skin look young and healthy. Kumkuma means saffron in ayurveda. It is praised for its beneficial properties like
- Reducing ageing signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Enhancing fairness and complexion.
- To reduce pimples, acne, blemishes, scars and dark circles.
- It makes skin smooth and glowing.