Ayurveda praises mango as ‘shukrala’. i.e It increases quality and quantity of semen, by improving sperm count and sperm motility. Mango is recommended for male fertility.
Table of content
What is male infertility ?
Doctors define infertility as the inability to conceive a child after a couple has one year of unprotected sex. Even texts of Ayurveda define male infertility as inability of a man to impregnate a healthy wife.
Infertility is a growing problem worldwide. It affects about one in every six couples, and researchers estimate about one in every three cases is due to fertility problems in the male partner alone. Male infertility which occurs due to low sperm count can be improved with a healthy diet, supplements and other lifestyle strategies. ( Read Male Infertility Treatment and Home Remedies-An Ayurvedic View )
Ayurveda and Male Infertility
Based on principles of Ayurveda Shukra dhatu ( Read Ayurveda definition of shukra dhatu (semen ) ) is responsible for male fertility.
Let us have a glimpse at role of shukra dhatu.
“ Shukra Dhatu” is an important vital tissue element which keeps the male fertility up.
Men with healthy shukra dhatu have following symptoms (lakshanas)
- They enjoy a good sexual life,
- They are fertile (Have healthy sperm count and motility).
- They show manly features like strong muscles (Ayurveda definition of Mamsa Dhatu ( Muscle tissue ) ) , moustache and beard.
- A glowing attractive aura surrounds them.
- These men are capable of ejaculating good quantity of semen.
- They do not get easily tiered.
- Men with healthy shukra dhatu look young even though they are aged.
Men with weak Shukra dhatu ( Shukra dhatu Kshaya) have following symptoms
- They find Difficulty in ejaculating the semen.
- Ejaculated semen volume is less in these men.
- Semen is watery in appearance and sometimes there will be no semen even after forceful ejaculation.
- They experience pain while ejaculation.
- Men with less shukra dhatu feel weak and tiered.
- Early ageing symptoms with dry skin and wrinkles on face and body starts appearing.
- They may also have Anemia
- Muscles are without bulk and weak.
- Even a little work causes tiredness.
- They are unable to perform in bed due to impotence or erectile dysfunction(Read Ayurveda remedies for Erectile dysfunction )
- Low sperm count and motility (male infertility).
Sperm Increasing Properties of Ripe Mango According to Ayurveda
According to ayurveda scholars, Ripe Mango increases shukra dhatu. Increase in shukra dhatu helps to boost sperm count and sperm motility.
Nutritional Facts of Ripe Mango
Mangoes contain good amount of carbohydrates, plenty of vitamin C, Vitamin A, Folate, Vitamin B -6, Vitamin K and Potassium. It has considerable amount of copper (copper helps to increase sperm count and motility), calcium and iron. It is rich in antioxidants such as zeaxanthin and beta-carotene.
Acharya Sushruta explains Health benefits of Mango as follows.
How Ripe Mango is Helpful in boosting male fertility?
Ripe mango has little astringent taste. Only ripe mango has to be used in male infertility. Ripe mango helps in following ways to boost male fertility.
‘Vataghna’ Balances Vata dosha:
Fully ripe mango balances vata dosha and helps to strength nerves and normalise flow of nerve signals. It also balances digestions and eliminates constipation. Thus the a healthy nervous system and elimination of toxins through good bowel movement rejuvenates body tissues. This helps to normalise sperm production.
Increases Body Weight, Strength and energy
Energy is required for sperm production and maintain sperm health. Mango contains plenty of carbohydrates and this boosts body energy level and supply energy for body functions.Therefore helps to gain weight and energy. Ayurveda acharyas have indicated that mangoes cause “Brimhanatwa” (increase in weight) and increase “Bala” (strength). This fruit is strongly recommended in weight gain therapy or “brimhana therapy”.
Best remedy for anemia
Various researches have shown that trace elements like iron and copper are required to maintain fertility. Deficiency of these elements may cause production of defective sperms and oxidative damage may occur to testicular tissues and sperms. Iron and copper deficiency may cause low libido and erectile dysfunction.
Men who suffer from anemia and copper deficiency are benefited by this fruit as it contains iron and copper. The presence of vitamin C in mango helps in complete absorption iron from diet. Hence its use is indicated in “Pandu” (anemia) and low sperm count in ayurveda.
Mango is rich in dietary fiber. High fibers in mango fruit help to relieve constipation. (Read Can Constipation cause erectile dysfunction? ). This property helps to normalize doshas and help to expel body toxins.
Good aphrodisiac fruit
This fruit is a good source of a variety of minerals and vitamins which help to increase sexual energy. Hence ayurveda acharyas call this fruit as “Vrishya”. This means the fruit which help in erectile dysfunction, to increase quality and quantity of semen and act as aphrodisiac. Mango fruit is considered as Vajikarana Food in ayurveda. ( Read Ayurveda Vajikarana Therapy ).
How to use mango to increase male fertility and sperm:
- Always fully ripe, sweet mango has to be used while addressing male infertility.
- Do not mix mango with milk as the combination deters ayurvedic medicinal properties of mango. Ayurveda acharyas call it as opposite food or wrong food combinations. ( Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of Mango )
- Dry fruits like almonds, raisins and cashews can be added to enhance its nutritional value. (Read Dry fruits for erectile dysfunction )
- It can be consumed in form of smoothies.
- Always add a pinch of dry ginger powder in smoothie or sprinkle dry ginger powder on ripe mango pieces before consuming. Dry ginger powder stimulates process of digestion and ensures complete absorption of nutrients.
Thus consumption of shukra dhatu increasing foods help in male infertility. Texts of Ayurveda recommend various fruits to boost sexual function and increase shukra dhatu. (Read 5 super fruits for erectile dysfunction )
(Whats App Dr.Savitha Suri @+ 91 6360108663/ to know more about ayurvedic treatments and remedies )
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/