Masha Parni is a climber and grows all over India. It is known as Ban udad in hindi and Kaadu uddu in Kannada. The pods of this plant are 1-3 inches long and contain dark brown seeds which are 8-10 in number.
Based on principles of Ayurveda Teramnus Labialis is light to digest and dries excess moistness from tissues. It tastes sweet and has cold potency. Hence it balances all three doshas specially vata and pitta .
Health Benefits of Teramnus Labialis
- It has a haemostatic and anti-inflammatory effect. Hence this herb is used for external application in cuts, bleeding wounds, oedema and inflammation in eyes.
- Decoction of masha parni helps in diarrhoea, giardiasis and haemorrhoids (piles).
- This herb is used as main ingredient in ayurvedic preparations which address gout and bleeding disorders.
- Ayurvedic preparations of Teramnus Labialis are effectively used as a natural way to increase sperm count. It is praised as Vrishya (aphrodisiac) and used in various Vajikarana Therapy preparations. The shukra dhatu enhancing properties has made this herb a best ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction.
- Ayurveda acharyas recommend the soup of this herb in persons who are recuperating from chronic fevers. It boosts their energy and strengthens muscles.
- Tuberculosis patients suffer from loss of energy and strength. This general weakness can be treated well with ayurvedic preparations of masha parni.
- It boosts body immunity and strengthens the immune system.