The Ayurvedic Treatment for Rheumatoid arthritis or Amavata.The line of treatment in ayurveda for rheumatoid arthritis involves the following steps.
- Avoiding the formation of ama by increasing the body fire.
- Expelling the already formed ama .
- Reduction of inflammation in joints.
( By providing natural calcium supplement)
The rheumatoid arthritis or amavata ayurvedic treatment therapy involves the above mentioned steps
Tips to reduce pain in joints
- Weight reduction. ( Read ayurvedic remedies for weight loss )
- Exercise well moving all your joints.
- Take a warm shower everyday .
Ayurveda tips to reduce pain
- Avoid curd , fish, milk, urad dal, jaggery, and constipating food.
- Consume horse gram, ginger ( Read Health Benefits of Ginger), bitter gourd, drum sticks.
- Remove the sprouts (which will be present inside garlic cloves) of garlic by splitting, Soak these garlic in buttermilk over night. Next day morning wash the garlic with plain water. ground this garlic to thin paste. Consume 1/2 tea spoon of this paste with warm water every day morning in empty stomach.
- Always use hot water to bathe and to drink.
- Avoid cold breeze.
- Do not consume opposite foods.
- Empty bowels regularly.
- Do not control natural urges.
- Avoid late nights and afternoon sleep.
Selfcare for Arthritis
1. In arthritis Gentle exercises like walking , yoga are helpful. Stop any exercise if joints are inflamed and painful.
2. A healthy diet which do not cause indigestion and constipation are advised. Foods which cause obesity should be avoided.
3. Weight should be controlled well.
4. Apply heat compresses to relax muscles and ease pain
5. Reduce stress by practicing yoga and meditation
Warm Water or Ushnodaka- An Ayurvedic hot water home remedy in joint pain
Knee pains – arthritis, Aamavata – rheumatism, Sciatica – Ranjanvata, pains in waist or neck regions etc. in all such cases, where vata is vitiated the boiled warm water is proven useful. Along with this, diet must be light to digest, avoiding oil and adopting ghee for sauteing of vegetables. The ushnodaka or warm water causes digestion of Ama, Kapha and to expel them through bowels, taking ½ to 1 tsp of Haritaki – Terminalia Chebula ( Harde) powder with warm water is advised. The dose of Harde can be adjusted to the strength of large intestine.
A well known Vaidya, Prabhashankarbhai of Gujarat, India used to cure all joint pains with just fasting and Haritaki, along with Ushnodaka ie.ayurvedic hot water therapy. Today, many of his disciples are propagating the philosophy. The joint pains, if not cured since long time or pain is unbearable, one should try ayurvedic system under the supervision of a nearby consultant.