- Dark circles appear when body is dehydrated. Drinking lots of water rehydrates the body and keeps the skin moist. Dark circles disappear when body is rehydrated.
- Our body has self healing property. This applies to skin too. Most of the repair functions take place in sleep. A good night sleep for 7-8 hours helps the skin to repair itself . Dark circles vanish with good night sleep.
- Salt should be restricted as it dehydrates the body by fluid retention. Plenty of proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables keep the body healthy and keeps the skin firm. Good diet with nutrients keeps the dark circles away.
- Apply moisturizer daily on dark circles
- Avoid caffeine, tobacco and alcohol
- Stress causes dark circles. Yoga and Pranayama help to reduce the stress and thus remove dark circles.
- Wear a cap with sun shade when you go out in sun as sunlight causes dark circles.
- Grate cucumber and squeeze fresh juice out of gratings. Dip two cotton balls in it and keep these cotton balls on eyes. This relaxes eyes and relieves tiredness of eyes. Considered as the best remedy for under eye dark circles.
- The above process has been found to be effective when done using potato.
- Apply a paste of lemon juice, tomato puree, orange lentil flour (masoor dal ) and turmeric powder (if you are not allergic to it) on under eye dark circles. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Avoid sweets and chocolates.
- Dip two cotton balls in rose water and place them on your eyes, covering dark circles.
- Keep thin cold cucumber slices on eyes when your eyes are too tiered.
- The herbal under eye gel, when applied superficially, the skin texture is improved and skin is rejuvenated. The Herbal under eye gel also reduces the wrinkles below eyes and nourishes and tones the delicate skin around the eyes.
Make-up tips for concealing dark circles
Good cosmetics and proper tools effectively hide dark circles. But it is not a permanent solution for dark circle. (Check our dark circle kit which is effective in dark circles ). It is not wise to use concealers daily.
The concealers effectively hide dark circles as they are opaque. Dark circles can not be concealed with normal make up.
The color of concealer should be one shade lighter than your normal skin if the dark circles are blue black. If puffiness is associated with dark circles then the concealer color should be one shade darker than normal skin. Yellow base is always the best choice.
Apply concealer from the inside corner of eye to outside till the concealer blends completely with your skin. Spread it evenly along entire area around dark circles to achieve effective blending with the normal skin. This prevents uneven skin tone and shading.
Do not apply a thick coat of concealer. A light touch will do.
Do not apply mascara on lower lashes as flakes of mascara which fall on lower eye lid darkens the dark circles.
Use a light and uncolored powder at the end. This gives a smooth well polished appearance.