Massage your body daily with ayurvedic herbal oil to keep normal skin healthy. This process is called as “Abhyanga”. Massaging body with herbal oil has many benefits. In great ayurvedic classic Ashtanga Hridaya it has been mentioned as follows
” Abhyanga aachare nityam sa jara- shrama – vataha | Drushtihi prasada pushtyaahu swapna sutwak daadarya krit ||”
Skin becomes soft and glowing.
Skin looks fresh.
Skin becomes resistant to diseases.
Skin looks healthy.
Sharp eyesight and attractive eyes.
Body becomes stronger and well nourished.
The body and mind gets relaxed.
The aging symptoms appear very late in life
Choose herbal oil, which satisfy the following conditions.
It should have sesame oil base. The herbal ingredients should rejuvenate the skin and as well as balance doshas
Special tips to keep doshas in balance to keep skin healthy:
Use herbal body cleansers to expel the accumulated toxins in body. Choose a proper herbal body cleanser which gives multiple benefits like
Expelling toxins. (Detoxification)
Regularizing bowel movements.
Rejuvenating body and skin.
Balancing body fire (agni).
Practice YOGA and MEDITATION regularly. This helps in management of emotional upheavals. And this avoids aggravation of doshas. ( The doshas get imbalanced due to psychological disturbances. The imbalanced doshas disturb metabolism and supply of nutrition. The effect of disturbance immediately surfaces on skin. The skin of an emotionally disturbed person looks dull and lifeless. Dark circles and black patches start appearing. Hence physically and psychologically well balanced person will have an attractive glowing skin )
General tips for healthy skin
Over cooked foods.
Charred and deep fried food.
Harsh cosmetics and soaps.
Any food, which leads to constipation.
Soft drinks and chocolates.
Sufficiently long hours of sleep.
Relaxation of mind.
Tips for normal skin care
- Wash it with rose water in morning. Add few drops of pomegranate leaf juice to 1/2 mug of water and wash your face with it. Do not use face wash with alcohol
- Apply a moisturising lotion which is free of petroleum product.
- Always use good quality make up and remove make up with herbal skin cleanser before going to bed.
- Use normal skin face pack which prevents drying of your skin
- Apply a good moisturizing lotion to your body after bath
- Do not forget to massage your body with gingelly oil (sesame oil) once in a week.
- Use besan flour as scrub for body skin.