Ayurveda says wrinkle appears due to age, vata imbalance which causes dry skin and less moisture in skin. Balancing vata dosha with herbs, diet and lifestyles can slow down ageing of skin and prevent wrinkles on face and neck. Ayurvedic treatment for this is very effective.
How Wrinkles Appear on Face and Neck ?
Let us Know about Normal Skin before analyzing the skin with wrinkles.
The skin is made up of 3 layers – the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous tissue.
The epidermis is the outer layer .The cells of the epidermis, move from the bottom layer of the epidermis to the top layer. Epidermis acts as a protective layer to external environment. As the cells reach the top layer they flake off.
The second layer dermis, contains the connective tissues which are the structural elements of the skin. These tissues give skin the strength (collagen fibres), turgor , elasticity (elastin) etc. The cells of the epidermis receive their nutrients from the blood vessels in the dermis.
Below dermis is the subcutaneous tissue containing fat cells. These fat cells act as insulation to the body. The skin looks plumpy due to fat cells.
Due to innumerable causes changes occur in dermis and epidermis .This leads to formation of wrinkles.
Wrinkles – causes as explained in ayurveda
The epidermal cells become thinner as age advances .They also lose their stickiness. This change in epidermal cells allows the moisture to escape instead of retaining it back causing dryness of the skin. As we get old the epidermal cells start dividing slowly and the rate of repairing process also retards. Thus thinning of skin leads to wrinkles
According to principles of ayurveda increased vata or imbalanced vata dosha leads to fast ageing, drying of skin and less moisture in skin. This leads to appearance of wrinkles on skin.
Changes in dermis which leads to wrinkles:
- The collagen fiber production reduces.
- The elastin fibers wear out.
- The production of sebum from sebaceous glands decreases.
- there will be a decrease in number of sweat glands.
- The supply of nutrients also decreases.
Changes in subcutaneous tissues.
- The fat cells get smaller with age.
- All these changes in three layers of skin lead to wrinkles and sagging.
The factors that cause early aging and formation of wrinkles
Constant exposure to U-V radiations from sun cause premature aging of skin. Due to constant exposure to sun the epidermis becomes thin and many harm full lesions like basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinomas occur. Sun light also damages collagen fibers of dermis causing early aging. Increased sun light causes dryness and imbalances vata.
The hormonal changes due to menopause or decreased estrogen production may lead to changes in skin. Few conditions like PCOS or PCOD can also cause hormonal imbalance which can lead to wrinkles.
Gravity and constant frowning cause wrinkles.
Ayurvedic Ttreatment to avoid wrinkles.
- Massage your body with ayurvedic oil like ksheerabala oil.
- Even massaging with warm sesame oil helps to prevent ageing of skin.
- Kumkumadi taila made of saffron is the best ayurvedic treatment for wrinkles.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
- Air conditioners and room heaters tend to dry the skin. Hence apply heavier moisturizer if you are working in these conditions.
- Do not stretch or pull the delicate skin under eye or facial skin.
- Do not go out in hot sun. Carry an umbrella, wear sun glasses and apply sun screen lotions before stepping out in hot sun.
- Avoid smoking.
- Consume chick peas and soya beans regularly.
- Drink milk.
- Practice YOGA and MEDITATION regularly.
Ayurvedic Home remedies for wrinkles and fine lines
- Apply egg yolk once in a week for 10 minutes.
- A mixture of honey, olive oil and cream give very good results.
- Apply nourishing mask once in a week.
- Massage whole body with warm pure coconut oil before going to bed
- You can also use a mixture of coconut oil and coconut milk as body and face pack to keep wrinkles at bay
An anti wrinkle face pack using milk
Wrinkles appear due to ageing, dry skin and lack of moisture in skin. Massaging the body skin with milk help to reduce its dryness and increases the moistness. The unctuous and soothing properties of milk help to increase glow of skin and delays aging process.
According to ayurveda a mixture of turmeric (1/4 spoon), masoor dal flour (red lentil flour) (4 spoons) and sufficient quantity of milk and water (in equal quantities) to mix this into consistency of paste make an excellent face pack to reduce wrinkles. Regular application of this pack delays ageing process of skin. Turmeric increases skin glow and prevent formation of scars. Milk increases moisture level of skin and makes skin smooth and wrinkle free. Masoor dal flour provides nutrition required by the skin.
Drink milk regularly to keep the skin healthy from inside. Milk also strengthens bones and delays aging process of body.
Call us at +91 9945995660 / +91 9448433911
Whats App + 91 6360108663/